Mass Effect: Andromeda

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The Tempest is indeed smaller than the Normandy, because the Tempest is meant to be a scouting ship, but they're saying no loading times when moving to different areas of the ship!

I missed that open world feeling from the original game.

In the first game I wasn't sure how to get on the ship to go places because previous game mechanics had you hit a button and choose from a menu. The fact that I had to walk to the Alliance docks and actually board the normandy gave it a pretty seamless feeling to the game.

In ME1 you could walk EVERYWHERE if you so chose. I really enjoyed that and wish the subsequent games had kept the open world.

I spent probably 2 hours running around the citadel just listening to dialogue and walking in and out of the various places.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It kinda sounds like they're trying to get that feeling from this game. Its definitely not going to be a sandbox game, but it sounds like you will have freedom to kind of explore at your own pace.

You know what would be a nice touch? If your ME1,2,3, choices were reflected in that History hall. Would be a nice apology for the RGB ending. With maybe some bits of the surviving squad mates and crew in a documentary style.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I didnt even think about that.... Now that would be interesting.

With Andromeda taking place 600 years after the 3rd game, if Liara, Grunt, or Wrex survived your game they would still be around, even if they won't be in the game as a character.

Essentially Shepard is Grunts Mother or Father figure. Would be an interesting perspective.

What can I say, I like Lore and a rich universe.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
damnit

giphy.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So the voices behind the Ryder siblings you get to play as. Other than the Father who's voice I'd recognize anywhere, the VA's for the siblings are complete unknowns.

In a series with so much dialogue, I hope they can pull it off. Obviously the video below is scripted and not a real representation of the actors themselves.

Meet Mass Effect Andromeda's Leading Voice Cast - News - www.GameInformer.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJnbNFbKX0

Alec Ryder, the father, is voiced by Clancy Brown.
Clancy_Brown.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, they released a into to the Temptest. The ship you fly in Andromeda.

They said the Tempest is smaller than the Normandy SR2 thats in ME2 and ME3.

But if you look at some of the interior spaces, I think they forgot some stuff. Cause its straight magic to get that kind of space from a ship that small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inh3V2CfdaE&spfreload=10

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Paint jobs. I already smell microtransactions.

I LOATHE micro-transactions and will avoid them completely. If I can't earn it with in-game currency, I don't need it. If you build a game that REQUIRES me to spend cash outside the game, just to play? That pisses me off.

definitely looks pretty roomy in there :rofl:

I don't get it really. The size inconsistencies. I mean, its not like they don't have access to the CGI model for the ship. They could set a standard as a human of average height and build ALL CGI models to scale.

Thats just personal annoyance and not really something that would make me rage against the game.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I didn't play ME until ME2 came out. Hadn't picked it up. But I played the demo, saw the universe they refer to in the video and had to go back to the original.

So I ended up buying both ME1 and 2 in the same day, and played ME1 probably 3 times in a row doing different options and leveling the character up.

I still have a ME1 replay thats 1/3rd through the game. Maybe one day I'll finish it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info