Mass Effect: Andromeda

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, lots of updates in teh latest patch.

I have to admit, at least they are working on fixing the problems.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.08 Notes – BioWare Blog
Single player

• Ryder’s appearance can now be changed onboard the Tempest
  • Expanded the range of options available in the character creator
  • Jaal can now be romanced by Scott Ryder
  • Dialogue for Hainly Abrams was adjusted to change the flow of personal information she discusses with Ryder.
  • Fixed issue with Nomad upgrades Shield Crafting quest
  • Nexus level and cryo pod points are retroactively granted
  • Vendors now carry weapon mods for Level 60-71 players
  • Vendors now sell weapon augmentations for automatic fire, burst fire, and single-shot fire
  • Improved clarity of descriptions for augmentations
  • Plasma Charge system now works properly for shotguns
  • Beam Emitter augmentation now causes guns to fire a constant beam with scaling damage based on the weapon’s damage per second
  • [PC] Added experimental support for Dolby Vision™ technology

Multiplayer

• Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
  • Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
  • Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
  • Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
  • Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
  • Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
  • Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
  • Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
  • Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
  • The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
  • Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
  • Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
  • Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
  • Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
  • Added “Lights” option to customization options

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So this game was basically a huge fail, ya?

I don't think it was a huge fail. There are a few things I don't like about it.
I'd like to see the power wheel come back from previous ME games so I would have a wider variety of powers. You are limited to 3 powers without switching to a different profile, which is slow and frustrating.

The face animation isn't great, but you kind of get used to it, and its gotten better over the updates.

The most annoying has been the bugs that pop up and interfere with completing missions/side quests.

Overall, the game is fun. The quality of voice acting isn't up to the cast from the ME123 games, but most aren't horrible.

Ryder's are pretty good. And the squad mates are okay. But the supporting cast is hit or miss.

Its not as good as the squad mates from ME. Brandon Keener who voiced Garrus from the original trilogy was practically perfect from the get go. Tali, voiced by Liz Sroka, again also top notch. And Jennifer Hale as FemShep is probably the best female voice actress out there. But the OT is filled with great voice actors.

ME:A had a smaller budget, and they choose less known VA's to reduce cost. Sometimes this hurts, especially in a game where there is so much dialogue.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

In 2012, as work on Mass Effect 3 came to a close, a small group of top BioWare employees huddled to talk about the next entry in their epic sci-fi franchise. Their goal, they decided, was to make a game about exploration—one that would dig into the untapped potential of the first three games. Instead of visiting just a few planets, they said, what if you could explore hundreds?

Just an FYI, its a decent bit of text to read, its not a short article, its got some work put in it.

Double nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info