Man of Steel Review

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I need to get on a computer to reply to you, Dave. Did you even watch the movie? Some of your comments have ridiculously easy answers.

Probably easy answers, but I was expecting a Marvel level move and got a made for tv level movie. And I disagree on you with the time changes, many were ok, but several were out of place or pointless. How many times is the bully from the bus gonna have a cameo?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ok [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], Here are some of my complaints: (Full of Spoilers)

-How is Zod as strong as superman with 3 seconds of exposure when Superman has had 33 years of exposure.

Zod was bread to be a warrior...a general...basically the guardian of krypton...why wouldnt be be crazy powerful?

-The 4 winged thing in the beginning. It is neither explained or makes sense as no other animals are seen on krypton.

they literally show a herd of animals at the opening of the movie :rofl:

-The thing with all the DNA is half a skull, but it is newer explained why it was that and not just on a "Master Key" like all of Krypton's other info.

the skull is likely from the first kryptonian...use your imagination.

-How is all the DNA in Superman? This makes less sense than superman.

did you not WATCH the scene where the machine basically injects him w/ it all? they krptonians can open up a black hole and youre confused how they can implant dna in someone?

-Interrogation scene: How do they get in the desert? This transition felt like 2+ minutes of movie were skipped.

would you have liked to see them driving down the highway for 20 minutes?

-Why is lois Lane on the plane? It would have taken 2 seconds to show a military person how to put the little key in the ship. The step that she isn't involved with anyway as the scientist guy does it.

welcome to ALL action movies...the leading lady has to be put in danger. lame, but its part of all movies.

-Zod's instant power mastery, laser vision that is 10x more intense than supermans and Superman telling him how to control the overload of senses when breathing oxygen.

again...how is it out of the realm of possibilities that a KRYPTONIAN general / soldier / leader is able to grasp things faster than someone who was raised on earth :rofl:

-Superman's scream after killing Zod, this was very similar to the scream at the end of Star wars 3 (as in terrible). Also, in all the comics, cartoons, and other superman movies, his breath is extremely powerful. But somehow his uncontrolled scream of emotion has no power at all.

maybe they didnt take EVERYTHING from the comics / cartoons/ lore..just maybe. OR, like all his other powers, he knows how to control them.

You are seriously grasping at things to nitpick...

BlizzardTC

its dark and i hear laughing
Aug 22, 2010
Matteson
Since not everyone goes into the trailer thread, here are my thoughts after seeing the movie last night:

It is fucking terrible. The only good in the movie was the fight scenes. But the didn't fit with the story for a number of reasons that I'll avoid mentioning to prevent spoilers. But here the bullet points of my thoughts:

-Garbage acting, worse and than TV movie/soap opera level
-Terrible story with hundreds of holes in it
-Scene and time to transitions are random, confusing at times and terrible.
-Bad casting
-Story points that are not explained

Since I'm typing this on my tablet, I'll save my spoiler ridden complaints for later. But don't waste your $10 on it

I don't think the movie was terrible but your points are valid.

The guy casted for superman was awful.

Lois was hot but kinda annoying.

The DBZ style fighting was fun to watch but it didn't make much sense.

I give it a C+

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Wonder why Zod is stronger than Supes, and Jor-El is stronger than Zod?

"The abilities of Kryptonians evolve and grow more powerful as Kryptonians age and develop; the older and more experienced the Kryptonian, the more powerful he or she is."

I think many of your complaints are simply because you're not familiar with all the Superman lore....

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I like how they presented Zod as him thinking himself as a savior of his people, and not just some bumbling psycho who just likes wrecking shit. That girl was a complete badass too.

Did you guys catch any of the Easter Eggs? Like the satellite they crashed into had "Wayne Enterprises" written on it. There were a few others too.

That sums up General Zod pretty nicely.... I'm guessing the girl is Faora / Ursa, she's a bad ass for sure....

Can't wait to see this flick !!!!

My superman knowledge is from playing DCUO and watching the first movies and Smallville, still can't wait to see what my younger brother thinks since he's huge into Superman lore. I borrowed his DC Encyclopedia to read up some more after these posts.... HAHA

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I think many of your complaints are simply because you're not familiar with all the Superman lore....

Or are too young to remember the Christopher Reeve movies of the 80's. I thought the casting for the movie was great. Henry Cavill looked like a dead ringer fo Reeves as Clark Kent. Plus Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner played great roles. I would put this movie up there with Nolan's Batman triology.

In closing, this review is bogus.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm glad theyre not going to glaze over this aspect of the movie:

We were able to sidestep the issue of the ludicrous glasses disguise in this film but going forwards, we’re going to find ourselves in a sticky wicket. Zack and I have definitely talked about “Okay, hmm, this will be interesting.” Clearly Perry White and Steve Lombard see Lois kissing Superman at the end of the film. Perry’s not an idiot. Moving forward, he’s probably going to say to Lois “What’s up with that?” We’re definitely going to have to go through some story gymnastics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info