LS2 #2 RIP

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Relocated Oil Pump Pickup Tube Kit

i cant believe that son of a bitch is $279!!! fuck them.

What I did will most likely work much better. I had relocated to the tube to the middle of the pan but boxed in the pickup via baffles to retain more oil around the pickup tube. The way the pan is made on the AWD on a hard launch the oil is splashed right to the top/back of the pan. I baffled the pan so that will be reduced to a minimum. I haven't run the TBSS since I've been busy with other projects but I have good hopes for it now.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
PCM pick up tube kit, new LS3 engine, you think I'm rolling the dice on oil starvation keeping that 3800 stall in?

I'm done spinning bearings, it's getting old.

Nah. The converter wont have anything to do with you spinning bearings. The PCM pick up tube kit is nice and easy to install. Before that kit came out we used to make our wont but now we just run the PCM kit because its nice and its easy to install. We also run a extra quart of oil in the TBSS'. Are you sure you didnt run it low on oil or anything?

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Soon..... I'll be back
e8b9e1f0ef1bba1844c2074717751d2d.jpg

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Yes Sir, being towed to a reputable shop Monday.
We're going to work with my current motor. The hope is crank, rotation system, etc is OK and with new bearings, the proper massaging, I'm good.
We shall see.
I'm looking forward to confirming the problem which I think was the oil pick up tube was installed incorrectly back in August 2013.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
We're going to work with my current motor. The hope is crank, rotation system, etc is OK and with new bearings, the proper massaging, I'm good.
We shall see.
I'm looking forward to confirming the problem which I think was the oil pick up tube was installed incorrectly back in August 2013.

I really think you should consider a 4V swap. :s00ls:

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
If I were smarter, junkyard 5.3 and then a for sale sign. .....
I just can't seem to think about living without out decent power, 3800 stall and AWD.
It's so much fun.... LS2 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road y pipe and a sorta ridiculous cam excites me.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
We shall see.

Hope it all works out and it's back quickly!

Reactions: Spivitz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info