LS2 #2 RIP

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Why is it that all trail blazer SS's eat motors like a fat kid at pie contest?
Heavy weight plus AWD = very high load.
High Gs off the line makes it worse.
Retarded oil pan setup. Inherent oiling issues with the factory block.

I put in a used low miles ctsv ls2 engine converted to tbss style ls2. Made a custom pan for it. Should help.

Buy an oil pressure gauge with bright programmable low oil pressure warning light.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Receipt notes GMPP oil pump $105.99
Relocated oil pump pick up tube kit $259.99

Ah ok. From what I read online some people said they ordered that GM performance pump and when it arrived it was just a normal ls6 pump. Really hit or miss. People did not seem to have strong reviews or solid reviews on it at all. Personally I would have gone with the Melling or Texas speed ported one. Both are about 50-80 dollars more than u paid. No idea why.

For me idle is about 38-42 psi of oil pressure. Full throttle at 6500-7000 rpms I am pushing 80-85 psi for oil. If you can remember what you were at for comparison.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
Yup, this confirms it.. I am not building a LS based motor anymore.... too many horror stories....

What build was it this time? GM built?

You are always going to hear about the horror stories and never the good stories. My legit stock 5.3 has 8-10 nitrous mother bottles through it this past season. Each mother bottle is about 60lbs. So do the math lol. I have cut my oil filter appart 4 times this season to make sure there wasnt material in it and Ive found nothing. It doesnt smoke, tick, or make any weird noises after the constant beating I give this thing. As long as the tuning is right and you dont them starve for oil it will live forever.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Hmmmmm..
46e4600a0d89cb1a01acfca416fcb12b.jpg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Speed Inc. would be happy to tune it for you.

I would just verify that the pick up tube relocation was done. It also couldve been a error when whoever built the motor.

PCM pick up tube kit, new LS3 engine, you think I'm rolling the dice on oil starvation keeping that 3800 stall in?

I'm done spinning bearings, it's getting old.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info