is there a car you could buy right now, drive for 2 years & not have it depreciate?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
id be nervous for this hypothetical situation about the gt500's with whatever ford releases next in the mustang line, not to mention, the appeal to me of just buying a 5.0 whatever and slapping a blower or turbo on it, and having a much more appealing package imo

I keep coming back to this. premium GTs are peanuts now. And a $6k blower on top of that is still affordable, much more so than a GT350 or even a challenger RT scat pack.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i thought that too for a second, and ebay'ed em quick and didn't seem to see that trend, maybe i need to look harder.

13/14 GT500's had a surprising number of options available, so their pricing spectrum can still vary pretty heavily.

Between the Track Pack, the glass roof, Convertible, Nav, the 1000Watt stereo, and a few other options, there can still be a $5K+ spread in price between 2 cars with similar miles.

That being said, All the ones I saw on EBay were 52K+ with the exception of one that had a significant accident, and one that had nearly 40K miles already.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Honestly, after reading the boards, GTOs are starting to go back up in price. You can buy a 6.0 for 12-17 now after they bottomed out a couple years ago around 9-14 then came back. Kids started wrecking the cheap ones and the clean, minty ones are starting to fetch decent prices.

G8 GXP definitely but good luck finding someone to sell it at a reasonable price for the exact reason that they are maintaining their value.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
any "ford gt easter eggs" out there right now you guys think?

sans old muscle, old hot rods, and old collector stuff?

gt350? new z28? focus RS?

one of the last vipers?

and im not saying put 50k miles on, but drive 2-3k per year, and offload in two years for what you bought it for, or more?

GT350, Z28, and Focus RS will depreciate. Its already happening. But due to the limited production of these cars they will not depreciate as much as the lesser models.

Focus RS is already having the bubble burst due to dealers not being able to move the cars with big dealer mark-ups. That said, there are no incentives yet, and its unlikely we'll see many RS go for under MSRP as long as the production is limited to 2016-2017 cars. The single Sarlouis plant can't keep up with global demand. But people are less willing to pay ADM so the ADM cars are sitting on lots.

Ferrari F355 - they are on the rise.

I agree on the 355. Its a classic car and one of the ones that is going to appreciate. Its got more cultural status as an Icon than the 360 Modena will ever have.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The 996 Turbo & 997.1 Turbo market is real strong. Has been for several years now. They went down for a couple of months, but they are going up again. I don't see the 997.1 going below $65K ever. lol That will probably help the 996 stay up in price due to filling the cheaper end of the market at $40-$50k. Plus there are plenty of examples of low mileage ones out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info