If you're gonna fly AA, keep your dates flexible.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Southwest exclusive flyer here and never had an issue despite flying 30k+ a year on them. The combo of easy to use rewards, MDW departures, always on a 737 (lotta regional flights & I LOATHE tiny regional jets).

The few AA's I get stuck on a year are always a shit show. Smaller plane shows up, tons of people get bumped, I miss meetings, etc etc etc.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
A-List Preferred, falling short of companion this year, unfortunately. We get grounded for the budget season & they moved my last two DAL meetings to early '18.

Buddy of mine is doing the credit card route to get it. Apply for 2 cards, complete the spend, get 110k miles to post in January of 2018 then reap the benefits for two years.

I currently run a majority of my spend through Sapphire Reserve & AmEx Platinum for work stuff. They haven't corporate carded me yet THANK LAWD JESUS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
agreed, just saying its not an excuse for ORD, if anything I don't think United is a bad airline if you remove all the ORD aspects that mostly contribute to the delays at the gateways, the delays trying to taxi out, the delays before you can taxi in etc.

i think the other reason, i really try to fly ord as much as possible, is if you get screwed somewhere, you have FAR more options.

so many planes go into ord, that if you are screwed somewhere and "stuck" you have so many plans for recourse. if my truck's at mke or mdw, there isn't always a lot of options, and then im potentially trying to get a vehicle back from the airport i couldn't get to, or whatever.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Southwest exclusive flyer here and never had an issue despite flying 30k+ a year on them. The combo of easy to use rewards, MDW departures, always on a 737 (lotta regional flights & I LOATHE tiny regional jets).

The few AA's I get stuck on a year are always a shit show. Smaller plane shows up, tons of people get bumped, I miss meetings, etc etc etc.

LOVE flying SW- they've always been awesome. ONLY complaint I have, I have to go to MDW :io:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ya with 90 construction they were similar times to get to both ORD and SWA but ORD may now be back to roughly 1/2 the time'ish. My buddy lives in [MENTION=206]skeezer[/MENTION]s subdivision and said it took 1 hour 45 minutes to get to ORD not all that long ago.

they were doing something way wrong :rofl:

it's never taken me more than hour forty five from mchenry...

shit. right now without traffic i can do it in under 45.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
It was backed up traffic and the cab deciding to get off 90 :rofl: but ya that's not normal now'a'days with construction wrapped up.

My January issue with AA was a cluster fuck, it took 3-4 phone calls to get the booking right (after booking it online), then while the whole plane boarded they kept me off and next to the computer trying to see why the system didn't charge me international tax, the fucking pilot wanted to close the door and I had (6) AA reps with 3 levels of management pecking at the keyboard trying to figure out how to charge me $11 in tax.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It was backed up traffic and the cab deciding to get off 90 :rofl: but ya that's not normal now'a'days with construction wrapped up.

My January issue with AA was a cluster fuck, it took 3-4 phone calls to get the booking right (after booking it online), then while the whole plane boarded they kept me off and next to the computer trying to see why the system didn't charge me international tax, the fucking pilot wanted to close the door and I had (6) AA reps with 3 levels of management pecking at the keyboard trying to figure out how to charge me $11 in tax.

i would have thrown a $20 bill at them and been like get the fuck out the way

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
:rofl: i wasn't talking to you, i was saying about the person complaining about landing and driving.

the one runway is like a mile from the gate i think. :rofl:

I'm complaining about United driving forever. I get that O'Hare is big, but the other airlines there aren't as bad. United lands near their terminal, then proceeds to drive the longest way around the whole freakin' airport.

Even worse, they sometimes tease you with an early arrival, but make you wait for a gate until after your arrival time.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Why does midway suck? because how far you are? knowing how to use the right pedal I've made it plenty of times 45-55 minutes.

I don't think the airport itself sucks, awesome parking for $15/day, shuttle buses coming every 15 min and your through the security line in generally less than 5-7 minutes, then no more than 5 minutes to basically any one gate. Then its very rare for flight delays, not being as busy as ORD. ORD is the opposite, very rare to have an on-time.

I would admit i'm biased given almost every flight is free and now on year 2 with a free companion pass, but I'm trying to disregard that to see how people are swinging off ORD and ORD airlines.. :obama:

SWA has never once changed a flight, let alone changed the fucking day your flying and why my mind is blown with AA.

I usually book stupid early flights. So I can rip to ORD in like 30 min. But even in rush hour I don't run into "traffic" on the way to ORD. Maybe a bit on 62 in Barrington Hills but that's about it. The worst is on 190 and seems hit or miss. I remember last time I went to Vegas had to turn around half way to ORD and go back home. I left my house 1 hour before boarding a 850AM flight and still made my flight and the gate was United on the far C concourse. I thought for sure I would miss it.

Midway just sucks to get to from my area. Most of the time I get a ride to the airport anyway. Asking people for a ride to the airport sucks. Then you tell them its Midway :rofl:

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Dear Jibboo:

Thanks for writing us. I'm sorry that you are unhappy with a change to your schedule. As a traveler myself, I know that schedule changes can be unexpected, and often unwelcomed; especially for those of us who carefully plan itineraries.

When we do have to make schedule changes, we try to work with our customers to minimize any inconvenience. Clearly we weren't successful in your case. I checked and I see that we sent an email informing you of the schedule change to email address , I regret you didn't receive it.

It's really not unusual for our schedules to change several times within a single month. Most changes are minimal and rarely impact overall customer itineraries. Typically, we wait to contact our customers and advise them of a schedule change until closer to the day of departure, when we are relatively sure that the schedule won't change again. When we wait to advise you nearer your travel date, we can give you the most accurate and up-to-date schedule information. Again, I'm sorry for the resulting difficulty when we changed the flight schedule for your trip.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns. I do hope that you'll give us another try. The next time you travel with us, I'm certain it'll be a pleasant experience.

Sincerely,

Demi Allove
Customer Relations
American Airlines

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Dear Jibboo:

Thanks for writing us back. I am sorry to learn you are still upset with us.That's certainly not how we want our customer's to feel.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience the schedule change has caused you. Since your itinerary was modified due to a schedule change, I understand that you are requesting a refund on our part. At the same time, due to the many variables that impact airline operations, schedule changes are sometimes a necessity. Please know, however, that schedule changes are made only when necessary and in as responsible a manner as possible. So, while I understand your perspective, there is no refund warranted.

For further assistance, our Reservations team will be happy to assist you. They can be reached at 800-433-7300 and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure to have your flight details ready when you call.

Our position in no way suggests that we are insensitive to what happened. Please be assured that we will work harder than ever to restore your confidence in our ability to provide good service. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Demi Allove
Customer Relations
American Airlines

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
i've accepted them for what they are so now just trolling.

--------------

I already spent hours on the phone with reservations, they said they aren't able to do anything but AA customer relations certainly can.

If you aren't able to refund the extra night stay THAT YOU CAUSED, feel free to find me another airline flying out of RNO to ORD MONDAY NOVEMBER 6TH, non-stop during daylight hours, LIKE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED and purchase THREE TICKETS sitting next to each other.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed in this matter.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info