I need someone to help me with a vacuum problem

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
that too. who knows. it's outta my hands at this point. like i said, sick of trying this and that with no luck.

there was a sucking noise that wasn't induction noise, that's why i took it there. let them deal with it. don't feel like taking the shit apart again.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
so I do have to say.. after about an hour of seat time with the traverse, I really do like how it drives. I have to wonder what an enclave would be like to live with, because I do like how they drive as well. I know their sister cars just like the Grand Prix Impala type of deal. fuel economy couldn't be any worse than a 3800 car

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The traverse is a nice car/van/crosover thing. I had one for 5k miles of honeymoon....

But taking your car to the dealer for a vacuum leak = Fail. If you had offered up $50 - $75 many members here would have fixed it, instead you give it to a dealer that is going to charge you a minimum of $130 just to diagnose the issue.

:werd:

its probably something stupid simple too

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
its not a vacuum leak.

I haven't really read any of his 6000 threads on it, is this from the LIM gasket job a while back?

f00ls probably used Garlock SC and TB gaskets and has 15 vac leaks.... Or he missed something on one of the easiest 3800 repair jobs. He must have been focusing his thoughts on his 30 minute 3800 motor pulling skillz.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I haven't really read any of his 6000 threads on it, is this from the LIM gasket job a while back?

f00ls probably used Garlock SC and TB gaskets and has 15 vac leaks.... Or he missed something on one of the easiest 3800 repair jobs. He must have been focusing his thoughts on his 30 minute 3800 motor pulling skillz.

he emptied an entire can or something like that of carb cleaner onto the entire top end of his engine... if there was any sort of vac leak he would have found it. for sure.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
The traverse is a nice car/van/crosover thing. I had one for 5k miles of honeymoon....

But taking your car to the dealer for a vacuum leak = Fail. If you had offered up $50 - $75 many members here would have fixed it, instead you give it to a dealer that is going to charge you a minimum of $130 just to diagnose the issue.
Look man, I don't wanna be a dick because you've always been genuinely nice, so don't take it as me having a bad attitude but do you read threads? I said multiple times I'd come to someone and bring some payment for help. I hate even asking for help in the first place because I try to be self sufficient and I feel like it makes me stupid. In the last three pages, nothing was accomplished and I'd tried everything everyone said.. the car needs to be done, so I took it where I know it'll be taken care of.

Nope. Paper TB and SC gaskets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info