I did a thing - 2017 GTI

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
There's a DSG IS38 turbo swapped GTI running 10.8. I'm really happy with mine. Handles great, about as much speed as I need for the street, tech and interior are great and I'm averaging 28mpg and got over 31mpg on our Galena cruise.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but you will soon find that the piano black interior is an absolute dust magnet. Pretty much every day I wipe it down with a microfiber while letting the RPM's settle down. Einszett Cockpit Premium works great on the interior.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Need tints, short throw and the rear wiper delete.

I've always been torn on the rear wiper delete. It does look cleaner without it, but I actually use mine weekly if not more. The rear washer fluid feature on the other hand I would recommend using never. You get a good spray to clear the window then it just trickles out until the line is empty.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
I've always been torn on the rear wiper delete. It does look cleaner without it, but I actually use mine weekly if not more. The rear washer fluid feature on the other hand I would recommend using never. You get a good spray to clear the window then it just trickles out until the line is empty.
I hated the rear wiper personally. I still have mine off the mk6.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Rear wipers are cool for cat guys like [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]

cat_rear_wiper_600x600_grande.png

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin

why do you end up using it weekly? esp without any precipitation?

Is it one of those aerodynamic issues where it always pulls road grim up to the back of the car?

IMG_1676.jpg

Thread Info