How did you get a whoopin as a child?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
My dad would flick me on the head for little shit stuff like misbehaving or throwing a temper tantrum. I was spanked a few times. He was just open had hit me across the back of the head after I accidentally rammed a shopping cart into his heel (right after going through bone spur surgery in that heel.)

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Literally whatever or whomever was around.
At a family function with aunts and uncles “Hey!....Slap him!” Whomever was closest WHACK. Getting a slap on the ass was normal, I was a demon child.
Mom used the wooden spoon until I got stupid and was laughing while getting it across the ass until it broke (at that point it didn’t hurt). Much to my dismay she got the white Rubbermaid plastic spoon that was indestructible. That fucker would bend and torque and hurt like hell. I can’t say I stopped acting up after that, I just didn’t get caught as much unless my thundercunt of a sister ratted me out.
Dad used the belt but not often.
Mom couldn’t throw a ball with any degree of accuracy to save her life but give her a shoe, slipper or flip-flop and she can hit a running dog around a corner right on the ass or knock a beer out of her 12 year old sons hand from across a crowded yard at a party.
I was holding soap in my mouth decades before it became trendy. Swearing wasn’t allowed until I was in college.
Both of my parents were children of abuse and my mother got it the worst. That being said my mother’s mom used to beat her mercilessly with electric cords, an iron, lamps and grandma actually had a paddle that was really thick and she would hit us with it just to amuse herself. She hit me in the head with it on a full swing and then hit me in the rib cage with it sideways like she was swinging an axe because I told my sister to shut up. I yanked it out of her hand only to get punched in the face and knocked on my ass. She picked up the paddle and was about to hit me in the head again (was already bleeding) and I saw my dad come out of nowhere and knocked her onto the couch from about 10 feet away. We didn’t see grandma much after that and I’m quite sure she doesn’t need a sweater where she is now, I’m sure she’s controlling the heat level in hell now.

Last time my parents hit me I was 17. My mother slapped me in the face for some stupid reason that I didn’t think deserved being hit for. I called her a bitch. Dad reacted by getting me away from my mom and I lashed out at my dad. Dad and I get into a fight/shoving match in the hallway which ended up with me patching the hole in the wall that I made with him and him fixing the hole in the wall that he made with me. All of us realized how stupid we were being, apologized to each other and we haven’t had an issue since.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Just to be clear my parents were never abusive to me and what I got was a correction smack that even I knew I earned and deserved with few exceptions. It was one slap or smack and the most I ever got with the belt or spoon was 3 hits with the exception of the time I was laughing at my mother and she broke the spoon. I did learn to not be such a bad kid from everything and it got to the point where all my father had to do was yell “HEY!!!” and whatever stupid shit I was doing ceased immediately. Like I said, I was a mischievous demonic little shit and if left to my own devices I would’ve ended up much worse than just getting a whooping from my parents. The worst punishments I got was being grounded or not being allowed to do anything. When I say anything I mean ANYTHING, like literally sit in my room and stare at the walls for a few hours. They tried everything and nothing worked.
No TV, I’ll read.
No outside, I’ll find something to do inside.
No reading, drawing, LEGOS, building models, playing with my toys.....NOTHING.......for hours. Turns out it was really effective and very short lived since I straightened up.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I got it with those wooden yard sticks. The ones that were about the same size as a lathe. Holy shit those hurt. Or at least I thought they did at the time.

The nuns at the school I went to used to use those. The parents had to sign a waiver allowing the faculty to “physically correct unchristianlike abhorrent behavior”. I’m the reason they switched from wooden pointers and those yard sticks to the 2-3 foot long hard plastic triangular engineering rulers, which were supplied to the entire school by my father. The nuns would make you stretch out your arms with palms down and hands together and they’d whack us on the knuckles. As they’d start to swing down I’d make a fist with both hands and the yard sticks would snap in half. I stopped that shit right after the first whack with the engineering ruler.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
The nuns at the school I went to used to use those. The parents had to sign a waiver allowing the faculty to “physically correct unchristianlike abhorrent behavior”. I’m the reason they switched from wooden pointers and those yard sticks to the 2-3 foot long hard plastic triangular engineering rulers, which were supplied to the entire school by my father. The nuns would make you stretch out your arms with palms down and hands together and they’d whack us on the knuckles. As they’d start to swing down I’d make a fist with both hands and the yard sticks would snap in half. I stopped that shit right after the first whack with the engineering ruler.

:rofl:

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Mom - "The Belt" and I had to bring it to her. Rarely the belt wasn't enough and I had to go out back and get 'a switch' off the willow tree. If said branch was unsatisfactory, SHE went and got one that was huge and the sentence was worsened with whatever I done + bringing back an insufficient punishment device, so I got it even worse.

Dad hit for distance...

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Mom - "The Belt" and I had to bring it to her. Rarely the belt wasn't enough and I had to go out back and get 'a switch' off the willow tree. If said branch was unsatisfactory, SHE went and got one that was huge and the sentence was worsened with whatever I done + bringing back an insufficient punishment device, so I got it even worse.

Dad hit for distance...

I seen my uncle do that to my cousins where they had to go get the belt. I told myself no FUCKING way I would ever do that I don't care what beating I would get after but I will not go get the belt if I was asked too.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I got the hand a lot, and my dad's leather belt. Then one night at work on the lathe, he made a long wood paddle. His theory, it reached both cheeks. My mom swung it like a bat [emoji23]

Then after she broke it on my sister's ass, he made another. And drilled holes for aerodynamics. Luckily I was way young, I never got the switch from my Grandma [emoji23]

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I told myself no FUCKING way I would ever do that I don't care what beating I would get after but I will not go get the belt if I was asked too.

Oh yeah - me too. A few things -
1) you said "if I was asked to". Are you kidding me? "Asked to?" - There is a screaming giant in the corner that just threw me at a wall. Asked my ASS - I was TOLD.

2)You'd be surprised what the properly administered beating with extreme prejudice can motivate one to do, and when they come with 'How dare you' incremental increases and additional prejudice to ones' comfort - Oh yeah - you get the belt NOW.

3)Remember the willow switch? The belt is only the beginning. Large hominids have been beating up small hominids for millennia. They are bigger, they are going to win...

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Man, what a difference from the way we were raised to the never punished, primadonnas many kids are now.

I was thinking this while reading this thread yesterday. Other than when really young, our children have never been spanked, hit, beat, etc... The flip side of that is, ours aren't bastard children either. The Wife and I have raised them well. They are respectful of elders, other people, other people's property and always put others first to help. Our ONLY issue with them is them and their electronics, but that's every kid nowadays.

A good example of them putting others first... I remember about 2 - 3 years ago, So my son would've been about 8 - 9. The kid is all skin and bones and weighed 50 pounds soaking wet (you guys have seen pics of him on here before...). He was active in Karate and competed in a few tournaments. Anyway, one day while my Daughter was in at piano practice he was out on a playground playing. Some kids about twice his age (at least), and definitely in size, went up and started picking on another boy on the playground. My Son went over and confronted them, asked them to stop. They started getting beligerent and he got into his defensive stance and those bullies took off running... My Wife was beside herself watching, running out of the piano practice facility, watching all this unfold.

Anyway, yea, completely different.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
To this day I still have only smacked my kid's butt once. I just felt so bad after doing it that I couldn't bring myself to do it again. We just ground him from TV/iPad/video games and put him in time out.

I turned out fine getting smacked when I was a kid, but I don't like doing it. I suppose if he did something pretty awful, I might consider it. But it's usually just attitude and whining when he doesn't want to do something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info