3800 HK's Turbo Regal update for 2027 season

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if i just stomp the throttle... my car will rip em off right past the 60ft mark i'd bet...

i can build 10+psi sitting still though pretty easily and quickly....

noob/novice thing, but there are no boost/exhaust leaks anywhere right?

my car had quite a few, and i almost died from a projectile bud light can trying to figure them out, but once i did, my car spools quick. albeit a "lil" turbo...

no leaks at all
you can brake boost it to 14psi really quick but even though your standing on the brake pedal your going 20mph by the time you hit 10psi

why 3 brakes?

when i went 12.9 or whatever my car did... i broke em loose every time about the 300ft mark or so and had to let off through there a bit and get back into it.
the car had rusty lines so after deleting the abs it got all new lines split f/r with an adj proportioning valve for the rear circuit, never got to finish the rear T and proportioning valve installed cause i kicked it outta the garage since the dodge's trans solenoid pack went out. i just hooked the rear line to the left rear.

even with issues the car never had any issues blowing the slicks up off the line.

spool time is not an issue at this point

let me know when you snap a 300m shaft in half. buncha girls up in here.

prob wont, this shit has a C-ya racing unobtanium Input shaft. even after blowing up 2 converters it was minty though the oem stator support was chewed to hell

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
It would be awesome of moser or strange made axles for the 3800 guys. I could only imagine the price tag on those!

Axles aren't a big deal. Internal trans parts are

Ahh sorry I didn't see Mook's post. Carry on.

if we started going through axles it would prob be cheaper to put in an 80e with its larger axles/splines. but since hk is willing to gut it, the less weight should help things live longer.
with me in it at the end of last year it had to weight nearly 4k :rofl:

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
It would be awesome of moser or strange made axles for the 3800 guys. I could only imagine the price tag on those!

Theres a vendor that gets them made for an SHO at about $1k a set, I'm sure they would make them for a GTP. However, most of the people that are drag racing leave the axles stock. Cheaper and easier to replace when they blow up. Leaves a weak link that you can control.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Whatever, after 2yrs it still hasn't done anything impressive. Clearly there are reasons for that, and it's not the cars fault. It's HK's car, his call. If he wants to continue eating up everything you whack jobs say then so be it. Under different management that car would already be in the 10's if not 9's and probably would have spent less $.

:jayz:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
10sec needs to realize that this car isnt going to run 11's first time out. HK is a noob driver and got no seat time last year and with the converter problems it was barely ever running. I think this thing will be nicely dialed in this year and running 10s in no time

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
totally ghey.

car spools fine. Get your shit straight on the T3/T4 comparison 10sec. The only thing hurting spool on this car is the weight of the compressor wheel because it is larger (and the P-trim turbine is a little on the heavy side). It is not being held back by the turbine A/R whatsoever. I do think we should check for leaks, but it didn't seem to have any last time I looked.

the real thing holding this car back is the jank fucking MAF shit that everyone is dicking around with. just put a proven fucking LS1 maf with an AFC on it and be fucking done. I don't care if it has resolution. my car guesses when it is in boost (i'm serious) and uses a "maf" table that is 8 fucking blocks. runs ok.

I feel like this car should be able to launch off idle without a problem. needs suspension mods like phatride used. slicks are not the same compound as an ET drag or a QTP either, so that could have a small effect.

just another pissing match between 10sec and the world, nothing new.

These threads are useless. Not a shred of good information presented here.

oh and my "real regal" is a turd too.

Edit: :s00ls:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
totally ghey.

car spools fine. Get your shit straight on the T3/T4 comparison 10sec. The only thing hurting spool on this car is the weight of the compressor wheel because it is larger (and the P-trim turbine is a little on the heavy side). It is not being held back by the turbine A/R whatsoever. I do think we should check for leaks, but it didn't seem to have any last time I looked.

the real thing holding this car back is the jank fucking MAF shit that everyone is dicking around with. just put a proven fucking LS1 maf with an AFC on it and be fucking done. I don't care if it has resolution. my car guesses when it is in boost (i'm serious) and uses a "maf" table that is 8 fucking blocks. runs ok.

I feel like this car should be able to launch off idle without a problem. needs suspension mods like phatride used. slicks are not the same compound as an ET drag or a QTP either, so that could have a small effect.

what maf is he using

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
10sec needs to realize that this car isnt going to run 11's first time out.

Or second, or third, or fourth........ :io: :drums:

totally ghey.

Sounds like you are trying to get shit done, but really? Messing with MAFs and trying to be different? I dont understand. You guys trying to be the ghetto Jonbob/PRJ?

99+ that i modified back before we had an afc
we just need to toss a stock 99+ in there and retune

Stop fucking around and use a god damn N* or LS1 MAF.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info