3800 HK's Turbo Regal update for 2027 season

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's always the same, don't pretend that was 1/2 throttle. He sits at the line forever, to spool the turbo. I've seen it, i've heard him explain how he was "spooling" it. It's too big. But go ahead and waste MORE of HK's money buying shit he doesn't need.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
wasnt one of the 3800 turbo cars having trouble building boost at a stop though?

My red car with the stock converter and a .96a/r exhaust turbine wouldn't spool more than 1-2 psi at a stop. Best 60' i could get was 2.0, and traction wasn't an issue. My blue car went 1.81 without spooling the turbo at the line on the PT61. I just stomped the throttle and went. Try doing that in HK's car.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah as soon as you get to 1 psi the car creeps forward, its only on 3 brakes remember?

yes, scared the hell outta me, now with 2-3* of toe in at least it doesnt want to change lanes suddenly from a toe out condition

the 12.08 run at 120.8ish run datalog was launching at 25% throttle and i didnt go over 70% throttle till the mph was at 45

he was learning what it wants to launch at without hurrying up for the green.
its a moot point since we werent looking to launch hard yet...we had the topend issues to sort out which the final dyno session last year helped us do

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I owned a turbo 3800, well 2 of them. 1/2 throttle and full throttle, it's the same shit. It's a turbo you jackass. Go dyno the car at 75% throttle and then 100% throttle, bet there's barely a difference. Coming from you of all people makes it even dumber. Mr. 120mph wheel spin :picard:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
My red car with the stock converter and a .96a/r exhaust turbine wouldn't spool more than 1-2 psi at a stop. Best 60' i could get was 2.0, and traction wasn't an issue. My blue car went 1.81 without spooling the turbo at the line on the PT61. I just stomped the throttle and went. Try doing that in HK's car.

hahaha even launching from idle it'll blow the slicks off less than 3ft out if you floor it and your junk is a t4 housing so thats an apples to plums comparison bud.
spool is not an issue... sorting out the issues will let us focus on launch

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Has it cut better than a 2.0 60' on slicks?
Has it run 11's?
Has it done anything but be a dyno queen?

Yea, you guys really got it sorted out.

has it been launched hard? No it has not
do we have it sorted out? No, but its getting there
yeah it made 533 whp unlocked at 13to1 afr with conservative timing and less than 20lbs
my whole point is spool is not an issue, we never even got to that point

dont get all angry cause you drive NA junk. :hsughlol:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Whatever, after 2yrs it still hasn't done anything impressive. Clearly there are reasons for that, and it's not the cars fault. It's HK's car, his call. If he wants to continue eating up everything you whack jobs say then so be it. Under different management that car would already be in the 10's if not 9's and probably would have spent less $.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

if i just stomp the throttle... my car will rip em off right past the 60ft mark i'd bet...

i can build 10+psi sitting still though pretty easily and quickly....

noob/novice thing, but there are no boost/exhaust leaks anywhere right?

my car had quite a few, and i almost died from a projectile bud light can trying to figure them out, but once i did, my car spools quick. albeit a "lil" turbo...

yeah as soon as you get to 1 psi the car creeps forward, its only on 3 brakes remember?

yes, scared the hell outta me, now with 2-3* of toe in at least it doesnt want to change lanes suddenly from a toe out condition

the 12.08 run at 120.8ish run datalog was launching at 25% throttle and i didnt go over 70% throttle till the mph was at 45

he was learning what it wants to launch at without hurrying up for the green.
its a moot point since we werent looking to launch hard yet...we had the topend issues to sort out which the final dyno session last year helped us do

why 3 brakes?

when i went 12.9 or whatever my car did... i broke em loose every time about the 300ft mark or so and had to let off through there a bit and get back into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info