hey. you buy an f150? you didn't go ecoboost? make 200 more whp with one bolt on!

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Livernois Motorsports

So for $1279 you can add 80hp and 110tq - increases the stock 365/420 to 445/530.

From my convo with Livernois that's a conservative dynosheet for the bolt-ons. I'm strongly debating going up there and having them install my downpipes whenever I pull the trigger as they agreed to do a before/after dyno session at no cost.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
For under $2k you're pretty much guaranteed a safe, daily-able 400+whp/600ish-rwtq truck.

Tune + downpipes + intercooler = win

....and then with the remaining $4k you can add aftermarket turbos and fuel pumps to EASILY surpass the power levels on the OP using the 5.0 platform.

ECOBOOST > all other gassers

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
you should do all of that

The plan is once weather breaks and I have some vacation accrued (started a new job) get a stock on 93 pull, a 93 tune only pull and 93 + downpipes pull up at their shop and do a full write-up here on TCG.

....and then with the remaining $4k you can add aftermarket turbos and fuel pumps to EASILY surpass the power levels on the OP using the 5.0 platform.

ECOBOOST > all other gassers

Full-Race Motorsports is where you want to look. They have big wheel turbos with meth and all that jazz

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
hahaha you're drunk.

id take a 8 speed 6.2 gm combo cost aside over an ecoboost.. alll day.. long....

Not drunk, just sippin on my DD XL turbo with cream and sugar. :pedobear:

Each to their own, though. 10spd auto in the latest F150, if having 11tybillion forward gears is your thing. :D

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
But a "factory" blower setup would entice me as well as the assloads of tq.

Have you seen any modded 6.2s run yet? Couldn't find any numbers on them with even a tune let alone a converter

it'd be awesome amounts of go.

modded 6.2s in LS form, and 6-speeds, converter/headers/tune seemed to be mid to low 13s from what i remember reading about them.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Report: 2017 Raptor will make 450-hp from EcoBoost V-6

There's a lot to be excited about with the all-new 2017 Ford Raptor: The weight-saving aluminum body. The crazy-cool combo 4WD/AWD drivetrain. And the EcoBoost twin-turbo V6, which, Ford's head of Global Product Development, Raj Nair, says will kick out a walloping 450 horsepower.

The number-drop came during a Fox Sports TV interview at the 24 Hours of Daytona, and it confirms what Ford promised at the Raptor's Detroit Auto Show debut—that the 3.5-liter V6 in the new truck will crank out more power than the 6.2-liter V8 in the current model.

Today's Raptor makes a respectable 411 horses and 434 lb.-ft. of naturally-aspirated torque. But the all-new EcoBoost V-6 that will appear under the 2017 model's hood uses some serious tricks, including a complex anti-lag system and a combined port- and direct-injection setup, to crank out major power. That engine, which you can read all about here, will also go on to power the supercar Ford GT, meaning 450 horses is likely just the beginning.

So don't sweat, pal. The V8 may soon disappear from the Raptor, but it won't be taking any performance with it when it goes. Ford's insane muscle-truck will be just as bonkers as ever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info