Guess who ran out of money?

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
people aren't buying harleys? i didnt know that/think that.

i have a neighbor who [MENTION=11522]CuzzinOlaf[/MENTION] is buddy's with who always has some INSANE bikes at his house most weekends.

guess i didn't know harley was hurting.

The bigwheel market is still chugging away and my bike is mild compared to others. As far as comfort, I wouldn't hesitate to ride my long distance (I have), in the rain, etc.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It's chugging, but hasn't been the growth that has been witnessed in prior years. Harley is having sales declines, but that is also due to the fact at a resurgent Indian, which Polaris now owns, and ended up cannibalizing their own products' sales (Victory), which they're closing up operations on that product line.

So...

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I'm just going off the builder who did my bike. I think Baggers are practical unlike the Chopper phase. Hell, half of those guys lost tons of money because you couldn't "ride" them long distance, and the trend wore out. I see Baggers toning down some or even new things like the fat tire bikes that is becoming more and more popular. Sure, something new will come out and the big wheels won't be as popular with the custom builders, but they'll always be around I think.

Harley sales are probably declining because they're getting to be way too expensive. Service at the dealer isn't cheap, Harley branded parts aren't cheap, and custom stuff is getting up there too.

Still, I don't think the HD brand ever get to the point when AMF bought and sold the it, but they'll need to do something.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I saw on Facebook on Wednesday they were going to start recording the show. Whats funny is that I was taking a crap at 30 Rock while reading this. We happened to be traveling to Cooperstown that day so I looked up the OCC address and it was only 8 minutes off our route. We swung by and they had lots of bikes in the store and some cool shit. My wife and I also took a shop tour and they indeed were filming. They had some customer bikes there along with other things. They gave us a small preview for who they were building a bike for but asked not to say anything.

They had LOTS of toys I wish I knew how to/could play with. The fabrication is what really drew me to the show.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Regardless of opinions on the characters. It's cool to watch people create and build things. Hopefully there are some kids out there who will watch these shows and realize there's more to life that just overpriced college. That they could go into a life of fabricating things, get paid to do so and not waste away in crappy cubical life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info