Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Fandango is all jacked up and wont let me book tickets at Marcus theatres now... Unless theyre literally sold out for all seats and all times? :dunno:

I looked yesterday and there was plenty of open seats for Sunday morning, hoping thats still the case and Fandango is just goofy right now.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just got home. Its a homerun. I honestly feel it was better than the first and its leaps and bounds better than any of the Avengers movies, up to and including Captain Americas. The gripes people will have are 1. Its the same as the first...well no shit, its guardians of the GALAXY...they are going to save the galaxy again. 2. A lot of groot, but imo it was just enough. He was fantastic. 3. Lack of music assortment. There definitely could have been more.

I feel there was a good amount of character development, a lot of good scenes, plenty of laughs and a good amount of emotion as well.

Also, there are 5, yes 5 endings. 1 right after the movie ends, then rest throughout the credits. After the 4th, you can leave...the 5th doesnt really have much use.

Its another marvel hit for sure and I think it stands as one of their best.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I also feel like Chris Pratt has run his course. Some of his delivery was great but there was also some that was crap. On the flip side, the supporting cast has really grown, especially Bautista, his comedic delivery is spot the fuck on.

Zoe Saldana is a smoke show. Shes somehow hotter in this and the green was turning me on more than the 1st :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I also feel like Chris Pratt has run his course. Some of his delivery was great but there was also some that was crap. On the flip side, the supporting cast has really grown, especially Bautista, his comedic delivery is spot the fuck on.

Zoe Saldana is a smoke show. Shes somehow hotter in this and the green was turning me on more than the 1st :rofl:

I agree about Bautista, he's a ton better in this film than the first one.....

If you liked the first movie you'll love this one too.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Also, there are 5, yes 5 endings. 1 right after the movie ends, then rest throughout the credits. After the 4th, you can leave...the 5th doesnt really have much use.

You know who the guys are he's talking to don't you? Was cool to see a nod to them, but agree they could have just kept the cameo that was in film really.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Just got home. Its a homerun. I honestly feel it was better than the first and its leaps and bounds better than any of the Avengers movies, up to and including Captain Americas. The gripes people will have are 1. Its the same as the first...well no shit, its guardians of the GALAXY...they are going to save the galaxy again. 2. A lot of groot, but imo it was just enough. He was fantastic. 3. Lack of music assortment. There definitely could have been more.

I feel there was a good amount of character development, a lot of good scenes, plenty of laughs and a good amount of emotion as well.

Spot on!

I loved Russell in the movie as well. He played it pretty damn good.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Man, this movie just made me feel all warm and happy inside. It's really what a movie experience should be. Entertaining without pandering to idiots, funny, caring and for a sequel, an evolution of the first. The characters evolved from the first film, like they've seen some shit, and I think Pratt took his performance and character up a level. What saved this movie from being doomed like so many other sequels is that they didn't overload the film with new characters, villains or separate the main group too much. And the new villain. Wow. Once the story unfolds you realize he is one evil son of a bitch; I didn't expect them to go that dark.

There was still a ton of action and comedy from the main group, and what worked the first time worked again this time. It's a group of superheroes of which most people don't have any preconceived notions regarding what they should look, feel, act like, and it's not based on Earth so there's no basis of normalized reality they have to follow.

I left the theater immediately wanting to see it again.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
446EB5CD-7F42-449C-A876-A495D303924B_zps6khi9zou.jpg

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So who is Atom?

Drax although had some funny ass one liners, his laugh is horrendous

Any easter eggs from the 700 jumps rocket did? twas too fast for me to tell

Are you talking about the clip during the credits?

I'm thinking she's talking about Adam Warlock. He has one of the infinity gems, I believe the soul gem if I remember right...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info