Franks Revolving Door car thread.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Sounds like you want to make a TBSS out of this truck? Finding a junkyard TBSS might be your best option for an LS swap.

Not quite. The trans wouldn't last a week, and I need something with a selectable 4x4 Transfer case, such as a 208. Full time AWD would be gay in this thing.

TBSS doesn't have a 4L80...

That recipe is closer to a 2500 pick up or Suburban. LQ4 and LQ9 are iron 6.0's.

Precisely. 2500 4x4 driveline out of a 99-2002 so it's direct drop-in and I don't have to change the throttle body back to a drive by cable.

80's burb needs a loud stupid big block...

My wallet doesn't :rofl:

I think an LS is the perfect swap. Get modern truck mpg out of a brick.

Exactly. They weight about the same as the newer ones. Gas mileage isn't bad as is (I'm getting 12) Better mileage wouldn't be frowned upon, but, the main reason is for reliability and the ability to tow heavier loads. I wouldn't trust towing a receiver mounted bike carrier with a 700R4 :rofl:

Ez efi on big block?

Still sucks fuel.

Frank, if you are doing all this at least keep it for a little while... Gonna be awesome.

When does the POR15 or other rust prevention go on?

When the interior is out the entire tub will be getting POR'd and bedlined before the new carpet goes in. Underside will be done when everything is out of it along with engine compartment and such.

I think he should keep it if he does nothing to it. Looks like a great burb.

It is a nice truck as is, but, you've got to understand my requirements for a "DD" able to pul 8,000#'s, be reliable, get better than 10mpg, do 1,000 mile trips towing a few thousand poinds without issue with 4-5 people and luggage comfortably, etc etc... It's not an easy list to accomplish.

Frank doesn't keep, I know that isn't going to happen. I just want him to keep it for longer than average. Which is what, 3 months? hahah

I HONESTLY can't say what next week will bring with the way I do things, but, the fact that I've wanted one of these for a while and that I'm already spending money I normally never do on something I'm "Iffy" on, I'd venture to say it's here to stay for a while at least. If I got this thing swapped and "restored" I'd probably considering selling my 2003 Sierra before this thing.

Also, not to sound like a bitch, but, if I get this minted out and painted, it WILL NOT be seeing winter lol. I paid good money for this truck, probably more than most would pay, based solely on the condition of the body, frame and underside. I'm not letting that go to shit when I could've spent $1,500 on a roached one lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I see that one too. I want to stop but I already know I dont have the money. Clean looking for sure

1985 Chevy Suburban K10 4x4 rust free

That's the one...

It's definitely nice. Probably would've checked it out if it was available when I bought mine. Bodies look about the same but the interior on that one is much nicer than mine.

Thread Info