Franks Revolving Door car thread.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
you guys haven't experienced the late 80s early 90s gm dual arm rest buckets it sounds.

8091ChevroletSuburbanGMCSuburbanSUVBucketsFront.image.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It has buckets... I'm trying to find a set of gray fronts in good shape. These are a little worn out. Carpet along with the rest of the interior has held up very well.

best. interior. ever.

the back seats that fold up to the drivers seat... and yet you can still put a sheet of plywood in it with the doors closed

unlike the new nanny pussy :carter: versions.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Seriously bro. I need this in my life. I call dibs last night. You know how to get ahold of me

Will do!

Is the f body gone and this took its place or is this in addition to that?

It's an addition for now, the F-Body will be finding a new home soon

There is a 914 in one photo. Project or resto?

It's a project the guy I bought it from had going on. There were 70+ cars in his collection.

I just want to say that Frank is a bad influence in regards to cheap cars on craigslist. Mike and Frank posted a few cheap cars on my FB yesterday, and I'm going to go buy one of them this weekend....I don't even need another car and I don't have a place to store it... Thanks Frank :rofl:

Anytime bro ;) hahaha

Reactions: l0wb00st

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So... I think this is pretty cool. While doing a Google Image Search for 1987 Suburbans, looking for some ideas on these trucks, I came across a picture of my truck from a thread on Pirate 4x4. The thread was about the Suburban being stolen, and then returned to the guy a week later or so. He then sold it and lost touch with the truck. Well, I got a hold of him today via the forum and he was able to give me some info as well as well as hear the story of how the truck got from him, in Stockton, California to me in Lake Zurich, IL.

He was ecstatic to hear the truck was still around and practically in the same shape it left his hands in. Wish someone would do that to me with one of my cars haha.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The more I look at this truck, the more I like it. You know me, LS swap!!!!!!!

You'll see it tomorrow. I've been doing research and looking at wiring diagrams for the swaps.

I figured out that if I get a 1990-91 dash/cluster with the electronic speedo, I can run it off the TSS from the 4L80, and tach off the ECU. Get a fuel pump and sending unit from an LT1 Caprice, drop in tank, float will work with cluster and I can run any pump I want. Battery and water temp are self explanatory lol.

Other than that, I just use engine/ trans harness an clean up what wires aren't being used. Loom them and make everything look pretty. Mount ECU and power it. Next step of research is A/C. I've got cooling system figured out, that was easy haha.

It's really not looking all that hard. The gears are turning....

I'm doing wheel bearings and front steering parts within the next few days, then, the entire interior is coming out and getting a DEEP cleaning. I'm hoping to get a new front seat at the Jefferson swap meet this weekend. While it's out, a dash pad and heater core, as well as some broken vents and missing interior knick knacks are on the way from LMC. I'm starting with the interior first because I have to live with it day to day.

Thread Info