For those that haven't figured out the sudden shift in my cars

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Buy buy back yard and babies are us have sometimes jacked up prices due to them being baby specific stores. Only good thing about buy buy baby is they take bed bath and beyond.

Online shop prices between those 3 places. Most of the time wall mart is 30-50% less expensive for the same exact items.

Yeah, Id be hitting up people on FB like crazy if I were having a kid... A few friends just had kids and spent small fortunes on shit for them and all the stuff is collecting dust in the basement or attic 6 months after the kid outgrows everything... Shits crazy.

All they ever complain about it how stupid it was to spend all the money on shit that'll be gone in a half a year to a year.

Congrats on the upcoming member of the family though Dasfinc and Miss Esa.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Buy buy back yard and babies are us have sometimes jacked up prices due to them being baby specific stores. Only good thing about buy buy baby is they take bed bath and beyond.

Online shop prices between those 3 places. Most of the time wall mart is 30-50% less expensive for the same exact items.

Make no mistake, I'd have to be high on cocaine to want to spend the $300 MSRP for the Recaro seat we bought, but $100 on clearance from BuyBuy was just fine by me :jg:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I feel like in your neck of the woods, the likelihood of a suburban mom in a Tahoe blowing a red light on their cell phone is a little lower. They mostly just crash into the ditches when distracted or drunk in the boonies from when I lived in Ottawa/Earlville.

If I still lived in the Stix, or if I already had a kid prior I'd probably feel differently, but between having a smaller modern car, and a larger (but older) truck, I'm happy to spend the extra $150.

They all have to meet the same safety spec as long as the date on the set still falls in current, most of the car seats at garage sales are ones like what you bought less than 2years old people are selling for 10-20 dollars, there is a date on the seat that has to be within so many years of new I can't remember anymore my kids are out of car seats, but I believe it's 5 years

Miss Esa

Just 3 raccoons in a trench coat.
Feb 4, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Theresa

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
They all have to meet the same safety spec as long as the date on the set still falls in current, most of the car seats at garage sales are ones like what you bought less than 2years old people are selling for 10-20 dollars, there is a date on the seat that has to be within so many years of new I can't remember anymore my kids are out of car seats, but I believe it's 5 years

That's one of the nice things about the Britax seats is they have a lot longer usable life.

I have a Britax Stroller and an Ikea crib here I'd let go if so inclined. The clothes tend to go to my sister who's got a couple and a large extended in law family. My advice is save some coin, buy as much used as you can but have a few things that are more of a priority to get new.

Regardless of what you get for a stroller, the one thing I'll say is watch out for something too heavy; The B-Agile we have is awesome because it's not bad to load into a vehicle w/space left yet is capable. Some of the friends by these monster strollers and there's not an inch of trunk space left after.

I once had someone tell me kids are inexpensive; It's such bullshit they cost some wicked ass coin. Save cash where you can.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That's one of the nice things about the Britax seats is they have a lot longer usable life.

I have a Britax Stroller and an Ikea crib here I'd let go if so inclined. The clothes tend to go to my sister who's got a couple and a large extended in law family. My advice is save some coin, buy as much used as you can but have a few things that are more of a priority to get new.

Regardless of what you get for a stroller, the one thing I'll say is watch out for something too heavy; The B-Agile we have is awesome because it's not bad to load into a vehicle w/space left yet is capable. Some of the friends by these monster strollers and there's not an inch of trunk space left after.

I once had someone tell me kids are inexpensive; It's such bullshit they cost some wicked ass coin. Save cash where you can.

Shoot me a pic of the Crib :).

And yes, we are stocking up on used/free/handmedowns by the fist-full. Theresa works in child care; so we've been given a significant amount of stuff on basically a weekly basis.... Much of it new :jg:

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
ZeSy3Zu.gif

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Congrats you guys! It was a scary adventure, but fuck...I can't remember life before my daughter. She will change your life man, for the better! It is true, when you hear that phrase (which I'm sure you'll hear 1,000 times), "a love like none other."

Hell, my daughter is 1.5 now and I still sit there and watch her play and for no damn reason...tear up.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Congrats you guys! It was a scary adventure, but fuck...I can't remember life before my daughter. She will change your life man, for the better! It is true, when you hear that phrase (which I'm sure you'll hear 1,000 times), "a love like none other."

Hell, my daughter is 1.5 now and I still sit there and watch her play and for no damn reason...tear up.

It will be 'the new norm' I know, I wish I could just fast-forward 5 months.

congrats first of all. second are u doing a burn out here?? in confused

It was just pink chalk powder, so as soon as the engine fired it threw it out the back. I'm sure I will be finding pink residue in various things for weeks to come :bowrofl:.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Dont care where you buy your stuff, just make sure it is new. Safety regs change on baby items every year it seems. Used car seats are a yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge no no if you care about safety. I wouldnt touch anything besides clothes at a yard sale. In fact, I remember being told to cut kid seat straps to prevent others from using since by the time the kid is outgrown it, safety standards change.

A Graco seat at walmart is the same graco at Kids R Us unless its a different model number.

Congrats on the new addition.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info