For those that haven't figured out the sudden shift in my cars

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Congratulations on the forthcoming baby!

Where'd you get the Recaro seat? My little one is due in September and I need to start gearing up.

Super clearence at BuyBuy Baby since they are clearing them out ($100 with a coupon, brand new)

Target stocks them actively still, but if they are leaving the US market, they may go on clearance everywhere soon.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Thank you. Researching now to see if you can order multiple bases for them. Gonna need 4 bases for me, my wife and the grandparents.

In 59 in Naperville:

There was another even cheaper that we asked politely for even more discount and we got for $150 with a coupon, so now we one with the carrier base, and another that converts into the regular baby seat do-jigger.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Ya, fuck that. We just bought 2 new car seats from wall mart. Goes up to 100lbs. 110 or something like that for both.

If you need a bassinet or diaper genies let me know, I have stuff we want to sell cheap.

I would not trust diddily shit from Walmart when it comes to safety...

I'm not a parent yet, but I feel like cheaping out on child safety equipment is generally not a good idea.....

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Your all over thinking it, they HAVE to all meet safety standards. Those were for the twins that are turning 2. When they were younger they each had the super padded expensive ones.
fucking this. same with cribs. but shit, use it move on. the money I saved on not getting the most expensive baby shit is already sitting in his savings for college when he will appreciate it. not looking at pics of the $900 crib we didn't buy.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
All my car seats came from garage sales, I bought 1 new one 3 cars 2 kids that's a lot of car seats lol

I feel like in your neck of the woods, the likelihood of a suburban mom in a Tahoe blowing a red light on their cell phone is a little lower. They mostly just crash into the ditches when distracted or drunk in the boonies from when I lived in Ottawa/Earlville.

If I still lived in the Stix, or if I already had a kid prior I'd probably feel differently, but between having a smaller modern car, and a larger (but older) truck, I'm happy to spend the extra $150.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Buy buy back yard and babies are us have sometimes jacked up prices due to them being baby specific stores. Only good thing about buy buy baby is they take bed bath and beyond.

Online shop prices between those 3 places. Most of the time wall mart is 30-50% less expensive for the same exact items.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info