F250 vs Chevy 2500hd

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Hmm I know my track people love the 7.3 just seemed like they were actually coming in up in price because of how reliable they are compared to the newer stuff. I just always seems to assume any diesels (mostly chevy) showing up in my price range are a bucket of rust/miles/deferred maintenance.

I am just not sure I need a diesel unless I started tracking more then 5 times a year. Which isn't happening :( as a kid or three is in my next few years which I hear eat up free time.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
do you need 4wd or no

I think the only reasons I would want it is for eventual boat launching as we are planning on getting a summer home. And sometimes you have to park your trailer/rig in grass/mud at events. I would say it is preferred but I would make an exception.

I know if I start looking further south it will be harder to find at least from what I have seen so far.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
i launch retrieve probably about 30-40 times per year currently and i can't remember the last time I needed 4wd fwiw.

even last week in lake cumberland, on one of the steepest boat ramps i have ever been on, i didn't. i understand the rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it mentality though.

Makes my life easier. :nice: Like I said not a hard requirement but if I can swing it I will.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I hate pulling with my 6.0 Chevy. It blows ass.

It should also be noted that the 6.0 gm and 5.4l 3v ford have very similar torque curves. They are both going to pull crappy, but will get you there.

It should be noted that the Ford has a much better tramsmission.

i know but for others i think it'd really be worth adding what year/generation trucks you're talking about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info