That's a lovely lovely review.

bane_stadium.jpg

Ho Lee fuck :rofl:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]

It wasn't just us :rofl: From /Film about Michael Caine's voice cameo over the flight radio.

"That’s a nice little shout-out from Nolan. But the trouble is, Dunkirk’s sound mix is so uneven that not only did I not understand most of what Caine said over the radio, I didn’t even notice that it was him speaking in the first place. Caine has one of the most easily identifiable voices in Hollywood, so it’s a shame his vocal cameo is practically unintelligible.

Maybe it’s just me, but one of my biggest complaints about Dunkirk was not being able to hear or decipher what the actors were saying. Granted, the film is so reliant on its powerful visuals to tell the story that it could be a silent movie and still get its point across, but for a film that actively chooses to feature sparse dialogue, I wish I could have better understood what little there was to hear."

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I didn't know it was Cain's voice. But I understood what was said over the radio.

The dialog in many British movies is very hard to understand to me. My dad watches Peaky Blinders with the subtitles on. lmao

The ticking clock noise during the whole movie drove me nuts. It didn't give me a sense of urgency or anxiety at all. It was just annoying and made it hard to hear other things. Dumb.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I was a little let down by this movie as well. Huge history buff here and I guess my expectations were set a little too high. I was expecting it to be on par with hacksaw ridge or saving private ryan. As much as I hate to say it I think pearl harbor from 2001 was a better movie.

I actually kinda liked the into. No character development just thrown straight into the story to feel the same confusion as the characters. Deffinetly not enough action though, and being a PG-13 movie what action there was, was kinda dull. Also thought the dogfights were kinda lame. It's cool the spitfires were real but the BF109s, stukas and other german planes were all CGI. Don't recall ever seeing the inside perspective of those planes cockpits either. Also it was dead silent inside the cockpit of the british planes. you heard the machine gun but no engine sound...

Also seemed like half the movie was about the 3 guys in the motorboat

Lastly I was really expecting a German onslaught at the very ending, not just hardy being taken prisoner..

[end rant]

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I thought the movie was good. I turned it off the second time I watched it. It definitely doesn't grab me like it does Tarantino. We probably watch films for different reasons.

The ticking stopwatch background sound is enough for me to not ever watch the movie again. Seriously, fuck you. The movie would be watchable a second time if it wasn't for that. It ruins the movie more than adding urgency to the viewer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info