Movie Dunkirk - New Christopher Nolan Flick

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It's going to be awesome. It'll win awards, but I doubt it'll be setting any sales records past opening weeks (if that).

Good movies rarely do

I expect the same. Its not a block buster movie like a Marvel movie would be. Its not going to draw the same crowds.

But I'm definitely looking for the BEST theater to see this in. Even if I have to travel a bit.

EDIT: Better link, you can search for 70mm showings directly for the movie.

http://tickets.dunkirkmovie.com

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I expect the same. Its not a block buster movie like a Marvel movie would be. Its not going to draw the same crowds.

But I'm definitely looking for the BEST theater to see this in. Even if I have to travel a bit.

EDIT: Better link, you can search for 70mm showings directly for the movie.

Dunkirk: Get Tickets | Warner Bros.

Can someone explain to me the difference between IMAX and 70mm IMAX? I was under the impression that if it were IMAX it would be 70mm, but the only IMAX theater around me isnt listed on that site, and they are showing it that night in IMAX.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Can someone explain to me the difference between IMAX and 70mm IMAX? I was under the impression that if it were IMAX it would be 70mm, but the only IMAX theater around me isnt listed on that site, and they are showing it that night in IMAX.

You can Google for the nitty gritty.

Your standard 1080p tv would be considered a 1k screen. 1080 lines of vertical resolution.

IMAX digital is dual 2k projectors on a smaller screen. Think if it as kinda 4K resolution.

35mm is roughly 6k equivalent.

IMAX laser is dual 4K projectors. Kinda like 8k

IMAX 70mm is roughly 12k equivalent to use terms that most home theater people would be familiar with.

It's a really general rundown.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
So it wasn't very action packed or eventful?
It was very action packed and eventful. There wasn't really a storyline though. The characters had very very limited dialogue. It just told of the event from various different viewpoints.

It was a cinematic masterpiece, but I can see why casuals could see it as a "huh" kind of thing.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It was very action packed and eventful. There wasn't really a storyline though. The characters had very very limited dialogue. It just told of the event from various different viewpoints.

It was a cinematic masterpiece, but I can see why casuals could see it as a "huh" kind of thing.

Thats the best way of putting it.

The soundtrack is a BIG driving force in the movie and is a substitute for dialog.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info