Dog shit in garbage rant

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
the stuff that people get mad about is :rofl:

Man, dog shit stinks. Even after the can gets emptied, you are ok with it stinking to high heaven in summer in your yard or garage, even though you dont have dogs?

Yeah nope. Smelly garbage cans are one thing if its your own garbage. But dealing with another persons dog shit because they are lazy assholes? Forget that.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
you're gonna rinse your cans anyway wth difference does it make??

I think maybe once in 20 years I have had to rinse a outside garbage can out. All my garbage goes in bags, and they are tied up. Nothing ever gets dumped in raw for the exact reasons so it wont rot and stink up the inside of the can. There is almost no need to rinse a can normally. But now I have to because you want to drop your dogs shit into it??

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
it's a garbage can homie, and it's dog shit. if the neighbor was literally shitting in your yard okay you got something or if he was throwing out his kitchen trash in your can okay fine. but seriously?? have a coke and a smile.

Sorry dude but by my standards it is not cool, neither is dog shit recyclable. I don't invade your private space, respect mine. Seems like common sense, no?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
But dealing with another persons dog shit because they are lazy assholes? Forget that.

I get you talking to the person about it and asking them to make sure to seal the bags, but I don't see them being "lazy assholes" because they're cleaning up after their dogs... Walking my dogs through my subdivision I think I might be the only person who picks up after their dogs, either that or everyone lets their dogs play out front.... THEY are the lazy assholes IMO.

It's not like the guy is picking it up and tossing raw shit around, it's in a bag just not tied off.

The bags I use are scented and when tied off I don't think would smell at all even sitting in a can for a week... Might have to give it a try this year.

If the guy is only a few houses away from finishing his walk I would ask him to take it to his own can, but if the guy is halfway across the subdivision Id simply ask him to tie off the bags so you can keep the smell down.

Or build a dog poop compster in the corner of your yard for the neighborhood?
F4R4A6TFT7PU82P.MEDIUM.jpg

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I think maybe once in 20 years I have had to rinse a outside garbage can out. All my garbage goes in bags, and they are tied up. Nothing ever gets dumped in raw for the exact reasons so it wont rot and stink up the inside of the can. There is almost no need to rinse a can normally. But now I have to because you want to drop your dogs shit into it??

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

woah you have specific bags just for garbage???
Fancy_c395de_800033.jpg

Sorry dude but by my standards it is not cool, neither is dog shit recyclable. I don't invade your private space, respect mine. Seems like common sense, no?

if by your standards it isn't cool why are you making a thread about it??? You seem fairly confident you're in the right, I think it sucks the neighbor didn't tie their bags but oh well i'm just going to say it again, I have a large garbage can for the collection of garbage if your dog shits in front of my house I'd much rather you pick it up and put it in the garbage can rather than leave it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Every garbage can, poop or no poop will eventually need cleaning. They start to smell which means germs are growing inside.

The trick to GC cleaning is using a soap and a disinfectant. I fire up my power washer every couple years or so to clean mine out.

1. Remove any debris in can.
2. Rinse/wash can out to remove any build ups.
3. Apply soap by brush or sprayer. If using a brush, agitate as necessary.
4. Use the power washer to wash out the remaining scum.
5. Apply disinfectant by brush or sprayer. Let sit in the sun to dry.

If you follow all these steps, your cans will smell brand new (or at least disinfectanty fresh).

As mentioned, if you tie up the garbage bags and don't dump any loose garbage in, you will get a lot more interval between washings (of course).

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
if by your standards it isn't cool why are you making a thread about it??? You seem fairly confident you're in the right, I think it sucks the neighbor didn't tie their bags but oh well i'm just going to say it again, I have a large garbage can for the collection of garbage if your dog shits in front of my house I'd much rather you pick it up and put it in the garbage can rather than leave it.
I am making a thread about it to see what others think if I am not crossing the line with the signs and all that - asked in post number 1 if you missed it. I have also mentioned that all dog walkers pick up their dogs waste and do not dump in my trash except for one person. If everybody else thinks it is bad or unfair to dump shit in other peoples garbage except for one person and you are defending that one person it makes me think you don't give a shit either.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Just be happy they are picking the shit up. Between this and the tailgating thread wtf. You people need to find something that makes you happy and not worry about the little shit in life and other people.

Isn't tailgating, dumping shit in people's trash and trespassing illegal?
:dunno:

Hey, go away with logic. It's wrong to care about people doing illegal things that personally affect your day to day life.

People that say these things, about not worrying about what people do to fuck with you, either have zero principals/morals, or, are the type of people that do these things or similar things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info