Do you even camp bruh?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Need two trucks at that point then lols, camper and toy trailer

Nope :) I know I had a thread going about this last year.

This is what I want.

6954516_1.jpg

One ATV in truck bed, one on the trailer. Done.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I really like the tent in the back of a truck thing.
up off the ground so I dont have to worry about waking up with a raccoon in the tent, again (happened once, little dude was cool, he wanted some chips so I gave him some. Little weirdo hung out, had breakfast, came back for dinner)
also being up off the dew point line must be awesome.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
You can backpack in Kettle Moraine state park.

I backpacked last 80 miles of the appalachian trail and 100 miles or so in New Mexico for Philmont. I wish I backpacked more after that but cars kind of got in the way.

Have at least 1 car camping trip this summer for a bachelor party. Last year we had another one near New Glarus brewery.

I have had an Alps tent now for 10 years between track weekends, ultimate frisbee tournaments and general camping it has been awesome and been through some crazy weather for the midwest. Heavy duty built stuff. Heavier zippers, floors etc. They also sponsor and support a lot of scout troops which I appreciate.

Tents | ALPS Mountaineering

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Your plan is botched when you give in to the SxS temptations, come take a ride going 40-50 side ways into a 2-3' of mud by my house and you'll buy one
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]

You were saying?

watermark_large.php

I don't like the idea of my dusty muddy ass machine inside my camper unless I've got fuck you money and get a 50' 5th wheel with a separated garage in the back. I like the exposed deck ones until that time lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The 2nd one posted is more along the lines of what I'd get. I want it to sleep four comfortably, have deck space for two ATV's or one SxS, shower, etc etc. I don't want to give up any of the camper aspects to appease the extra deck space as there will be plenty of times it's used without quads, etc.

This is the one my crosshairs are set on. Palomino "palomini" 177BH-ORV.

maxresdefault.jpg

177bh-orv.jpg

Can be purchased Mid-high teens. As soon as I have a paid off 3/4 ton or higher truck that seats more than two people, it's happening.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
im still curious why they don't make any with the vehicle storage at the back.

id want to be able to use it without taking toys with occasionally and i am unsure there'd be enough tongue weight there without stuff up front.

I think there's still plenty of tongue weight up front on the one I'm interested in. The heavy stuff in the camper sits in front of the axles, I'd imagine the blue/gray/black water tanks are forward of the axles as well. Though I don't really imagine a situation where I wouldn't have SOMETHING up front. Golf Cart for KOTS, quads for ATV Trip, golf cart for campground, etc etc...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The "cargo carrying capacity" of the one I posted is just shy of 3600#'s. I'd imagine a TJ is under that. A TJ Wheelbase is just shy of 8' so if you're ballsy you could probably use that one lmao. I'll do some more looking.

oh snap.

i looked pretty hard one day but didn't find anything that could have more than 3k lbs on toy deck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info