🔧 BUILD Dennisn's twin turbo 16 coyote.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I asked shaun and he says 1000 is what he thinks block should be good to. Think that'll be the weak link with the aluminator. I really wanted to build an engine but when I started pricing around. What an eye opener.

What is the weak point in the car after the motor is built? In other words, why stop at "just" 1000?

I think the main thing is his tuner saying that is about as high as he is ok going with that motor. It is an upgrade from what he has. But the block is still a stock block. To make more power without worries would be a custom built short block. Like a seasoned block be set up with Darton sleeves and possibly coolant passage supports for the sleeves.

But knowing Dennis he will make 1,000rwhp and want to push the motor more. So I would like to hear what Dennis thinks he would have to upgrade at that point.

Dennis seemed to pick up the drag race hobby a couple years ago. And he has turned into one of the biggest track rats I know. He is always making changes to the car, passes at the track, and plans for the next level. He is very serious. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Watson just released a badass block but it comes with a hefty price too.

This is forsure a build to follow!

Cant wait to see how the new setup runs! :fy:

They didn't release a new block. They are just now offering a seasoned block with sleeves like others have been offering for a while. At a lot higher cost too. Watson commands a high price on their stuff. No doubt about that!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Dennis seemed to pick up the drag race hobby a couple years ago. And he has turned into one of the biggest track rats I know. He is always making changes to the car, passes at the track, and plans for the next level. He is very serious. haha

I think I remember Dennis telling me he was into Jeeps or something before this Mustang stuff. Wonder how crazy he got with those...lol

Dennisn

Regular
Sep 30, 2015
Streamwood
I have a very addictive personality. It's a good thing I've never tried crack.

Block should be the limiting factor. Pratt is right on, even though bottom end is forged it is still a stick block.

I probably will wind up with a cage just for safety's sake.

I'll see if I can't find any pics of my jeep.. It was built for rock crawling and it was bad ass. Lockers front and rear, 4 to 1 t-case..... yada yada yada.........

Dennisn

Regular
Sep 30, 2015
Streamwood
IMG_0055_zpsltumzgq0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thread Info