🔧 BUILD Dennisn's twin turbo 16 coyote.

Dennisn

Regular
Sep 30, 2015
Streamwood
So seasons over. Worked on this damn car all year long. It was definately a struggle. Was able to finally make a couple of clean passes couple weeks ago. Didn't quite get her as fast as I wanted, but it was respectable.

Already looking at either building the motor or buying a built motor so I can push these twins.

I want faster.

IMG_2962_zpspplyoces.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Can you say "aluminator"
I just tried and for some reason I can't...
I asked shaun and he says 1000 is what he thinks block should be good to. Think that'll be the weak link with the aluminator. I really wanted to build an engine but when I started pricing around. What an eye opener.

Yea it's crazy what an all out build will set you back. The Aluminators are a great deal.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
It just looks so dam clean.
Earlier this year I met this guy in TN who did a TT setup on his new BOSS. He had nothing but problems with the kit. I don't remember the company he went with. He even had the car at their facility and they couldn't seem to get the gremlins out.
This kit looks a lot cleaner then the one he had.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I asked shaun and he says 1000 is what he thinks block should be good to. Think that'll be the weak link with the aluminator. I really wanted to build an engine but when I started pricing around. What an eye opener.

I thought they discontinued the Aluminator? Is the old Aluminator that has the upgraded rods?

The problem with the 2011+ blocks is the cylinder bores moving at the top. FRPP made and tested a block with supports at the top of the bores. I don't know why they didn't produce that block. Seems the aftermarket build that address that issue seem to hold up well. I mean there is some pretty big hp coyote out there already. So not sure why FRPP decided not to move forward with that block.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It is the new 2015-17 aluminator. Has forged rods, pistons, opg's, arp 2000 bolts.

They did discontinue the 11-14's.

I'll still have to install a cs in the new engine.

Upgraded rods, like a Eagle H beam in the earlier motors? Or is the "forged" rod the 2015 GT motor has already?

*edit* Just saw on their site that it says "Manley® H-beam connecting rods with ARP® 2000 bolts". Good to hear they aren't just offering the 2015+ GT motor as the new replacement that was originally planned.

Thread Info