Cats welcoming soldiers home

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
My brothers buddy has three savannah cats. They are awesome.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416584876.867487.jpg

http://www.a1savannahs.com/sbt.htm

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
90% of the animals between my gf and her mom are rescues.

I think there is now 12 dogs and about 11 cats. All were Gunna get the pink juice. They are all sick and are on some sort of medication that previous owners couldn't afford or didn't want to.

One that stands out is a floppy eared old furry dog we named peanut. He can't hear well and the owner after 12 years didn't want him, we took him. You can tell he's a grouchy old man, but when you get the younger ones going he plays too. He also stands on his hinds and begs for food.

CTC DEEZUL...you and your family are awesome.
Wish we had more people like you with a kind heart. My girl loves all animals and we've had a bunch. Now 2 dogs 1 cat and 1 bird.
Wouldn't do without them...
As much of a dog lover that I am, cats are awesome too. My cat sits between my hands as Im typing this on the computer. One day Ill learn to upload pikturies.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I've never had a cat and can't fully comment on them, as I'm HIGHLY allergic. I mean to the point where if I pet a cat, I'm fucked and potentially going to break out in hives. Walking into someones house with one and I'll be sneezing within 15 mins.

That being said I've observed plenty of them and many of my friends families had cats growing up. My two cents is that, while a great pet, and animal they just cannot and rarely ever show the affection, appreciation, or loyalty a dog will have. They absolutely have some personalities, but 90% of the time they aren't your friend and want something from you.

When I come home my dog waits at the top of the stairs, sometimes my wife tells me he sits there for an hour or two before he knows what time I usually walk in the door. Then he LAUNCHES down and jumps on me. That alone makes any shitty day I've had better. He knows when I'm mad, and when I'm sad. It's scary sometimes. But that's how dogs are, they are extremely perceptive and show more emotion. Both are animals, and both have their places, but I think it's hard to make a real comparison between the two for the most part. [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] sounds like you have an awesome cat that's atypical of most though.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Cats don't show affection?

:rofl:

My cat will be on me 2 seconds after sitting down, if I don't sit down for a while she will try her hardest to head butt me if I even come close to a counter or table.

I didn't word it great, I guess I was just making the comparison that compared to a dog it's very rarely the same. Not saying in general they aren't capable.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I didn't word it great, I guess I was just making the comparison that compared to a dog it's very rarely the same. Not saying in general they aren't capable.

Yes, cat's have very different behavior than dogs and can seem strange sometimes. They don't get hyper and jump on you the minute you walk in the door. They're more reserved and show their affection and excitement in different, more subdued ways.

For example, recently I was on a business trip for a week. The wife said the cat got very depressed at about the 2nd day I was gone he and slept on my shoes for a couple nights. He also lost his appetite.

When finally I got home, the cat looked at me and was obviously surprised that I was home. He eventually came over and sniffed me, then walked away to think about it for a while.

About 15 minutes later he brought me his favorite toy and dropped it at my feet while meowing. As cat owners know, when cats bring their toys to you, they sometimes want to play, but other times, they are bringing you the toy as a gift. It's important to learn the difference since you don't want to pick up and throw the toy if it's a gift because the cat will take that as an insult.

Later that night, the cat was running around the house, ambushing me in the hallway and doing high speed fly-bys, obviously very happy. He also got his appetite back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info