Can we talk about this Cubs team?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Arrieta is a stud. Hope he can keep it rolling into the playoffs.

Len said last night that he's on schedule to be pitching the 1 game playoff on normal 5 day rest :fy:

The young talent + the manager have made this in to a big league team again.
for all the years of being a laughing stock, this club is relevant again.

kudos

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Arrieta is a stud. Hope he can keep it rolling into the playoffs.

Len said last night that he's on schedule to be pitching the 1 game playoff on normal 5 day rest :fy:

The young talent + the manager have made this in to a big league team again.
for all the years of being a laughing stock, this club is relevant again.

kudos

Only thing that kind of sucks, is you aren't going to lead or have Arrieta for the first couple of games of the NLDS

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The way I look at it is if you don't get through the one game play-off you don't need to worry about who's going to pitch in the actual series. So send Arrieta out there. It would be nice if we could take a couple from the Pirates this weekend to get the game home. I know the additional wild card teams are supposed to give extra teams a chance (and they do) but geez, talk about a bucket of suck if these guys put together a season like this only to lose it in a single game.

Anything is a bonus honestly. Earlier in the year it was just fun to watch them play and then all of the sudden you start thinking that they maybe could make the playoffs. Now they've done so well that my expectations have been adjusted and I'd be disappointed to not see them play a series.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I thought the Cubs had already taken the season series from the Pirates?

I don't know if they have or haven't but the team with the better record gets home field advantage for the one game playoff. We're 3.5 games behind them right now with 3 games against them this weekend. So we can chip some of that lead away and then we have a lighter schedule for the last week than they do. It's a bit of a longshot.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't know if they have or haven't but the team with the better record gets home field advantage for the one game playoff. We're 3.5 games behind them right now with 3 games against them this weekend. So we can chip some of that lead away and then we have a lighter schedule for the last week than they do. It's a bit of a longshot.

Cubs are 10-6 versus the Pirates this year already, so even if they sweep, we're still carrying home field against them going into the wildcard game

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Cubs are 10-6 versus the Pirates this year already, so even if they sweep, we're still carrying home field against them going into the wildcard game

I did a poor job of explaining myself. The advantage doesn't go to the team with the winning record between just the games those teams played against eachother; it goes to the team with the better overall record which right now is the Pirates. We have a 3.5 game deficit to overcome before the one game playoff would be at Wrigley.

You were probably saying the same thing in 2003. We all know how that turned out.

Stick to your day job. Your trolling is weak.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I did a poor job of explaining myself. The advantage doesn't go to the team with the winning record between just the games those teams played against eachother; it goes to the team with the better overall record which right now is the Pirates. We have a 3.5 game deficit to overcome before the one game playoff would be at Wrigley.

Just went through an re-looked it up, I had thought I had heard the wildcard homefield was determined by head to head record, and not season record. Wikipedia says otherwise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info