anyone else get dropped from state farm yet?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
strange State Farm is just dumping customers :dunno:

I check every now and then and nobody can touch american family pricing when you combo house + cars.
Had Amfam for the better part of 10 years. Every year auto and home owners went up. No tickets, no accidents and no claims on the house until the last year of being with them. Had a water pipe break under basement floor, but was only $6k in damage. Called Angela at KRW and she beat their prices.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Looks like it's happening more with them according to this:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/statefarm_home.html

Whoa. Thanks [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] for the heads up on this. Getting tired of my Allstate rates continuously going up every 6 months with no claims, and was considering SF, but not after this.

fwiw this link is for homeowners claims & policies.

here is allstate homewners reviews:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/allstate.htm

here is allstate auto reviews on that same site:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/allstate_auto.html

and state farm auto reviews on the same site.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/statefarm_auto.html

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
My friend used to be a broker and set me up with West Bend mutual years ago. I've shopped around and no one has beat their price to date. I have a friend in the insurance restoration business (fires, floods, etc.) and another in auto body and neither had anything bad to say in dealing with them on claims. Most insurance companies max bike accessory coverage at $30k, West Bend has me at $40k in just extra coverage. I pay $700 a year on the bike, my friends with other companies pay that for regular coverage. I will shop around once my ticket falls off my MVR, but so far no one has come close.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Been with SF over 35 years now.
House, Cars, Life, etc.

Had a bad year about a decade ago, lost 4 cars to other driver impact. One was actually sitting at a stoplight with 2 police cars with lights going cleaning up an accident.
Truck was doing about 30 when the rubber-necking driver rear ended me.
Cops just shook their heads. Very Simpsons moment.
SF sent me a warning letter saying "we're not accusing you of anything, we're just saying" and threatening to drop me if I didn't 'clean up my act'.

A couple phone calls later I have never heard from them again. Must have triggered an algorithm.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Our entire family uses the same agent. I shopped my policy around and no one came within 300 a year of them. They were all a lot more. I have a dozen policies myself and now add my parents and their policies, in laws and theirs, siblings and all theirs so we will be with them until we decide to leave. They take really good care of us also.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2761]Shawn1112[/MENTION] thanks for the shoutout.

Let's face it, insurance sucks. It's the only commodity that you purchase that you hope you never use. That being said, I have heard over the years that State Farm "cleans house". I did read 6 weeks ago that their loss reserves are higher than expected in both Home & Auto. So this type of thing is going to happen.

With that said, please find coverage to replace prior to being terminated. You will actually pay less than having a gap in coverage. Also, shop around & try to find an independent broker that can do the shopping for you. PM me with any questions, if you would like. Thanks

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Sometimes I'm shocked to see state farm still in business. Both times when looking for auto and home insurance they were not even in the same universe when it came to pricing compared to every other company. I laughed so hard when I got a quote from them

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Just contacted progressive tp try and drop my rates. told me they cant do any better. It's a fucking joke. I pay 30 more a month than my 25 year old buddy who has the same car, has double the commute, and has a speeding ticket in the last year.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So I just called my state farm agent to reinstate coverage on the Caddy as I plan to pull it out this weekend.

I asked them specifically about what is going on with this thread, and he said State Farm will ONLY do this is their is a pattern of high risk with the insured. Not just because you made a claim. But it is a history of claims, perhaps teen drivers on the policy contributing to the risk, etc, etc...

I asked him if I was at risk as I have had claims over the years and then two years ago, a new roof on our house and he said "NO, you don't have a pattern developing..."

So I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but OP, is there part of the story you're not telling?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just contacted progressive tp try and drop my rates. told me they cant do any better. It's a fucking joke. I pay 30 more a month than my 25 year old buddy who has the same car, has double the commute, and has a speeding ticket in the last year.
Do you guys live in same area? I always thought that part of your cost was based on your zip code

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sometimes I'm shocked to see state farm still in business. Both times when looking for auto and home insurance they were not even in the same universe when it came to pricing compared to every other company. I laughed so hard when I got a quote from them

State Farm is actually one of the most popular insurer's out there. Just look at all the people in here (Myself included) that have them.

Yes, they may be a little more expensive than GEICO (I know this because we've been converting our vehicles over to that for that specific reason), but in the past, when I have needed them, they have had top notch, no questions asked, customer service.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2761]Shawn1112[/MENTION] thanks for the shoutout.

Let's face it, insurance sucks. It's the only commodity that you purchase that you hope you never use. That being said, I have heard over the years that State Farm "cleans house". I did read 6 weeks ago that their loss reserves are higher than expected in both Home & Auto. So this type of thing is going to happen.

With that said, please find coverage to replace prior to being terminated. You will actually pay less than having a gap in coverage. Also, shop around & try to find an independent broker that can do the shopping for you. PM me with any questions, if you would like. Thanks
You do commercial insurance as well for concrete flat work? State Farm doesn't touch flat work and my wife is trying to look for cheaper coverage for her s-corp.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
We had state farm for years and years. For years, we never received tickets or had accidents. On the first accident we had, our premiums went up over $50 a month. 2nd time around, another $40 or so more per month. Eventually, we were paying over $400 and they wouldn't lower the rates.

Went to farmers, got a quote for more coverage, better deductibles and we pay about $250 a month.

One thing I will never understand is the generalization with insurance companies. Rates go up and they say it is due to a car like ours that has had many claims, etc. So, because other people are getting into accidents and have the same car, we are penalized for it? This is not just state farm, but, in general.

So far, really happy with Farmer's, the customer service when we have basic questions and the response time of our agent.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sometimes employers look at it too. Why?

It's generally a good litmus test of character. If you can't manage your finances well (and I don't mean by maintaining a perfect score), what makes them think that you would make good decisions as an employee of their organization. Or while operating a your vehicle that they insure against loss, etc, etc... All insurance is, is a company underwriting your risk potential. If you have a 400 credit score, you show that you can't manage your money, are in default possibly, which if the vehicle is secured by a loan, that then becomes another risk to them... See where I am going?

Not that I agree with this mind you, just saying...

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
You do commercial insurance as well for concrete flat work? State Farm doesn't touch flat work and my wife is trying to look for cheaper coverage for her s-corp.

Yes, we do. We are a full line agency that can provide employee benefits, personal lines, commercial, and even retirement funding. We also have specialty insurance coverage opportunities. We can be a one stop shop & since we became a part of AJ Gallagher, we are now a part of the third largest insurance agency in the world.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Yes, we do. We are a full line agency that can provide employee benefits, personal lines, commercial, and even retirement funding. We also have specialty insurance coverage opportunities. We can be a one stop shop & since we became a part of AJ Gallagher, we are now a part of the third largest insurance agency in the world.
Nice to heat that. I'll have to gather all the necessary info when I have an opportunity and send it to you. We just paid off the remainder of the current policy up till September. So no rush but would be nice to get a quote.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info