Another killing on FB live

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
it is at least logical (although i'd argue quite wrong) to say more gun control = less guns in the hands of baddies (less gun toting americans blood!!) = less shootings

That logic is based on the premise that criminals obey laws, which by its self is a level of ignorance. In reality it's just about the manufacture of criminals from otherwise law abiding people.

On a micro level it absolutely is not Obama's fault. Macro? That's plausibly debatable. I mean shit, an individual shooting or IED causing people to get killed in Iraq may not be GWB's fault at a micro level but it could certainly be attributed to him at a macro level. As said similar logic gets applied elsewhere in politics all the time. "If it wasn't for the evil NRA we could regulate guns and reduce this wave of gun violence."

This guy had already been arrested with a gun, presuming as a prior convicted felon. He's not carrying a gun as bling, he's carrying it to hurt other people.

Criminal record:

SENTENCING INFORMATION
MITTIMUS: 14CR1924301
CLASS: 3
COUNT: 1
OFFENSE: ESCAPE/VIOLATE ELEC MONITORING
CUSTODY DATE: 10/08/2014
SENTENCE: 2 Years 0 Months 0 Days
COUNTY: COOK
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: NO

MITTIMUS: 14CR2114601
CLASS: 4
OFFENSE: POSS AMT CON SUB EXCEPT(A)/(D)
SENTENCE: 1 Years 0 Months 0 Days

MITTIMUS: 14CR1213501

MITTIMUS: 13CR1387801
CUSTODY DATE: 06/25/2013
SENTENCE DISCHARGED?: YES

MITTIMUS: 12CR0701001
CUSTODY DATE: 03/02/2012
SENTENCE: 0 Years 18 Months 0 Days

MITTIMUS: 08CR0916001
CLASS: X
OFFENSE: ARMED ROBBERY/NO FIREARM
CUSTODY DATE: 04/28/2008
SENTENCE: 6 Years 0 Months 0 Days

MITTIMUS: 08CR0747301
OFFENSE: AGG UUW/ON PERSON
CUSTODY DATE: 04/28/2008
SENTENCE: 0 Years 18 Months 0 Days

Lots of drugs, looks like an armed robbery and some sort of aggravated assault on someone.

It looks like his dad's in the pokey too, another Devon Swan with DOB 19 years previous. Lots of charges there including 3 counts of having a gun previously, suspect a lot more too if you were looking at paper records. So much for the idea criminals give a shit about gun laws.

Locking people like this up may cost money, but if they spend less time being able to breed it's likely better for society in the long run.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
There are 2 Devon Swan's when you search. The older guy has the weapons charges. The guy that murdered 2 had robbery/no weapons charge. Still a piece of shit but doesn't have the multiple weapons charges that I can tell.
Go by the birthday, only one of them is 26yrs old
The Agg/UUW is a weapons charge
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

i'm unclear on how to read this. other that it looks like a lot more time was sentenced than served

On a micro level it absolutely is not Obama's fault. Macro? That's plausibly debatable. I mean shit, an individual shooting or IED causing people to get killed in Iraq may not be GWB's fault at a micro level but it could certainly be attributed to him at a macro level.

GWB is tied *way* tighter into america invading iraq than obama to gang violence in chicago. if you want a GWB analogy it would be more like a palestinian bombing in israel. or hell, why not gang violence in chicago too?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
GWB is tied *way* tighter into america invading iraq than obama to gang violence in chicago. if you want a GWB analogy it would be more like a palestinian bombing in israel. or hell, why not gang violence in chicago too?

It's not like he was out there with a rifle shooting people. Hell if you really wanna split that hair Iraq could be considered the failure of his dad to clean out the regime during Gulf War I.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info