Another killing on FB live

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
there's a bunch of studies using different methodologies that hardly show equal treatment by police in encounters, so why claim this doesn't exist? and if it does wouldn't that have a lot more to do with black's perception and encounters with police? what's this have to do with the video anyway which has nothing to do with police? if obama attended a few more choice funerals for you this wouldn't have happened and nobody would be taking potshots at him?

I would agree that minorities are more likely to be treated differently when pulled over by police. Why is that though? Is the police force racist or are police officers letting previous encounters cloud their judgement of viewing all people as innocent until proven guilty? How do we address/adjust people's perceptions?

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
how was he part of the problem exactly? it's the president of the united states job now to do what, address local gang wars and a thuggish gang culture?

I guess when you allow thugs who preach that lifestyle into the White House (Jay Z) to hang out it resonates through the inner city communities. So yes, it is his job to address those issues... how is it not? It IS his job to protect the people.. Should he NOT lead by example??

And let's not forget his hand picked boy to run the city... Emanual's only solution to solve the problems is "Springfield owes it to the residents of this city to finally pass meaningful gun control and sentencing legislation to keep guns out of the hands of criminals"

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
There it is, last couple sentences, exactly like I thought you'd respond.

As far as the studies go, I can't turn a blind eye to majority black inner cities and all the crime that comes with it. And this isn't isolated, happens across the entire country. Will you be treated differently in those neighbothoods? You're damn right, but so are whites. I know, I've been in them for work the last 13 years. I don't need a study to tell me this. Police see somebody white in these neighborhoods they're there for 3 reasons, drugs, prostitution or they have to work there.

yes, there it is, me referencing studies that use different methodologies and come to the same conclusion - that blacks have a different experience with cops and the criminal justice system.

but what, this is a "a narrative that doesn't exist" because you've "been in them for work the last 13 years"? really, as what? a criminologist studying this? because, don't be surprised at this - i'm hardly going to buy your claim these studies are all wrong because like, you've been there man, and you just know they are wrong.

You mean equally that not being African American and in a gang reduces your chance of being murdered by a gun about 80 percent?

Of course more people of color are going to get pulled over when they compose the majority of neighborhoods constituting hot spots.

In terms of Obama African Americans found themselves pretty well forsaken in recovery after 2008. That has an impact.

That said the person who did this is a piece of shit and I do not really have much nicer to say for the adults in the car if my game of rush to judgment is right. Why were they FB live streaming? Was it a taunt to another gang that was answered?

you think the people that do these studies are too stupid to control for things like basic demographics? this is obama's fault for... a weak economic recovery particularly for blacks? that's quite the stretch. and yeah i'm not saying these are amazing people either. i'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that some people in this thread are using the event to take potshots at obama.

I would agree that minorities are more likely to be treated differently when pulled over by police. Why is that though? Is the police force racist or are police officers letting previous encounters cloud their judgement of viewing all people as innocent until proven guilty? How do we address/adjust people's perceptions?

probably a little of everything. i'm not saying i have any good proposed fix for this i'm simply acknowledging it's reality.

I guess when you allow thugs who preach that lifestyle into the White House (Jay Z) to hang out it resonates through the inner city communities. So yes, it is his job to address those issues... how is it not? It IS his job to protect the people.. Should he NOT lead by example??

And let's not forget his hand picked boy to run the city... Emanual's only solution to solve the problems is "Springfield owes it to the residents of this city to finally pass meaningful gun control and sentencing legislation to keep guns out of the hands of criminals"

yes between geopolitical debate i'm sure the gentle? man firing the gun in this video really took to heart that jay z was invited to the white house and really inspired him to commit said acts. you know what? i bet he played violent videogames too which glamorize shooting people like battlefield or *gasp* grand theft auto. surely we should ban these games don't you think?

rahm, who was voted in, certainly is deserving of fault many times over vs. obama, as he is the mayor of chicago. but instead we take potshots at obama in this thread.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
yes, there it is, me referencing studies that use different methodologies and come to the same conclusion - that blacks have a different experience with cops and the criminal justice system.

but what, this is a "a narrative that doesn't exist" because you've "been in them for work the last 13 years"? really, as what? a criminologist studying this? because, don't be surprised at this - i'm hardly going to buy your claim these studies are all wrong because like, you've been there man, and you just know they are wrong.

you think the people that do these studies are too stupid to control for things like basic demographics? this is obama's fault for... a weak economic recovery particularly for blacks? that's quite the stretch. and yeah i'm not saying these are amazing people either. i'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that some people in this thread are using the event to take potshots at obama.

probably a little of everything. i'm not saying i have any good proposed fix for this i'm simply acknowledging it's reality.

yes between geopolitical debate i'm sure the gentle? man firing the gun in this video really took to heart that jay z was invited to the white house and really inspired him to commit said acts. you know what? i bet he played violent videogames too which glamorize shooting people like battlefield or *gasp* grand theft auto. surely we should ban these games don't you think?

rahm, who was voted in, certainly is deserving of fault many times over vs. obama, as he is the mayor of chicago. but instead we take potshots at obama in this thread.

Can you provide a study by an unbiased source? Everything I've seen is done by a very liberal leaning university or organization, so I'm curious if there is really an unbiased analysis that leads to this conclusion.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Part of the problem IMO is that these people never seem to put blame on the fact the majority of this shit is gang related....

From the article, Rahm and the police chief were both interviewed and not once did the word gang get mentioned, but gun was said a whole lotta times...

"One victim of one shooting is one too many," Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement Tuesday evening, "but when innocent children are caught in the crossfire of gun violence and young people have their childhood stolen by stray bullets, our consciences are shaken and our hearts are broken. Every parent, regardless of where they live, should be able to take their child for a walk to the park or a ride in the car."

The mayor went on to say: "These shootings must be a turning point for our city. Anyone with information about these crimes owes it to the families of these children to come forward."

After the shooting, police inspected the maroon car in the alley. It was pock-marked with bullet holes, included holes in the rear passenger side window.

Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson spoke at the scene of the crime.
"This has got to stop somewhere," Johnson said. "Our children shouldn't have to keep paying the price for our inability to hold repeat gun offenders for their actions. ... My gut is telling me when we finally find this guy, we're going to find he's a repeat gun offender."

No one was in custody late Tuesday afternoon, but investigators suspect the man was the intended target.
"We believe that this was a targeted shooting, so these people were looking for him," Johnson said.
A source said police have leads on who the shooter was — and a license plate. No arrests have been made.
"We have very promising leads," Johnson said. "We have video, so there is no doubt in my mind that we will find him. But the issue is still creating a culture of accountability for people that fire weapons, and we are just not doing that.
"I hope our legislative partners are looking right now," Johnson continued. "We have yet another innocent child in Chicago that can lose their life over senseless gun violence."

The biggest thing I agree with is the fact that he's likely a repeat offender... They keep giving these assholes these light sentences and theyre back out pulling this shit 6 months later.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Can you provide a study by an unbiased source? Everything I've seen is done by a very liberal leaning university or organization, so I'm curious if there is really an unbiased analysis that leads to this conclusion.

can you provide a critique of a study without shooting the messenger? sorry those done by schools are not considered debunked because they were "done by a very liberal leaning university" and "boy i don't like what they concluded"

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
can you provide a critique of a study without shooting the messenger? sorry those done by schools are not considered debunked because they were "done by a very liberal leaning university" and "boy i don't like what they concluded"

I'm not the one on here discounting people's personal experiences by citing "studies" that have been taken place.

Simply asking for an example of an unbiased study that was done. Hell...provide one you think is unbiased, let TCG judge.

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012

I know you're smarter than that and you know exactly what I'm saying too, but in typical smug sickmint fashion, you must prove to everyone here that you have the best logic to everything discussed.

My point was pretty clear - Obama has/had done NOTHING to curb the issues in the inner cities... him allowing the thug mentality to roam freely in the streets and to allow people like that into the White House resonates throughout the communities that that shit is ok. It's ok to call women bitches, it's ok to speak with poor grammar, it's ok to commit crimes because of how you grew up... and yes, Rahm was voted in. Voted in with the helping hand of Obama. Period.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I'm not the one on here discounting people's personal experiences by citing "studies" that have been taken place.

no, you're the one who is stating their personal anecdotes are more valuable than studies across multiple sources and methodologies. whose critique of said studies in sum is "some are from liberal colleges." but did you find a problem with the methodology? did you find a problem with the data? i know you work in finance and are a numbers guy. so did you find a problem? or are you just committing an ad hominem logical fallacy? you know that means your claim is automatically thrown into the garbage then right?

Simply asking for an example of an unbiased study that was done. Hell...provide one you think is unbiased, let TCG judge.

oh really? TCG, the great judges in bias? are you on that panel? since you're so unbiased as evidenced by your... immediate killing the messenger?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I know you're smarter than that and you know exactly what I'm saying too, but in typical smug sickmint fashion, you must prove to everyone here that you have the best logic to everything discussed.

My point was pretty clear - Obama has/had done NOTHING to curb the issues in the inner cities... him allowing the thug mentality to roam freely in the streets and to allow people like that into the White House resonates throughout the communities that that shit is ok. It's ok to call women bitches, it's ok to speak with poor grammar, it's ok to commit crimes because of how you grew up... and yes, Rahm was voted in. Voted in with the helping hand of Obama. Period.

i'm not trying to smugly prove anything. i'm saying people who see this incident and use it to take potshots at obama are foolish. and my point stands you may as well be standing up calling for the banning of grand theft auto. thankfully now we don't have someone in the white house who thinks it's ok to call women bitches, and just grab them by the pussy.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
no, you're the one who is stating their personal anecdotes are more valuable than studies across multiple sources and methodologies. whose critique of said studies in sum is "some are from liberal colleges." but did you find a problem with the methodology? did you find a problem with the data? i know you work in finance and are a numbers guy. so did you find a problem? or are you just committing an ad hominem logical fallacy? you know that means your claim is automatically thrown into the garbage then right?

oh really? TCG, the great judges in bias? are you on that panel? since you're so unbiased as evidenced by your... immediate killing the messenger?

I haven't seen a source of yours, so I can't find a problem. Do you have a source?

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
i'm not trying to smugly prove anything. i'm saying people who see this incident and use it to take potshots at obama are foolish. and my point stands you may as well be standing up calling for the banning of grand theft auto. thankfully now we don't have someone in the white house who thinks it's ok to call women bitches, and just grab them by the pussy.

Lol - touché touché.

Flip side he's not marketing that behavior for financial gain.

saliv8

all motor
Feb 26, 2015
Chicago
Sad for the helpless kid. RIP. Im convinced the inner city blacks that have these kids only do it to be like their peers and get more money from the government. They want to have multiple baby daddy's and that is the life they have grown up in and are around all day. The gang thugs glorify this as well.

I feel bad for the children as they are stuck in this merry go round of unintelligent moms, or grandmas, who keep having kids and absent dads.

If a grandma raises the kid they get even more money from the government. It is a pathetic cycle that will not end unless major changes are made.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
when you have a kid, the hospital WILL NOT let you leave if you do not have a car seat. if you do not have a car seat, they "give" you one. then bill you for it. So if you are on state aide, Obama does not give you one, but the state sure does.

Reading the article, it was her nephew.

Typical trash, she didn't think of the kid's safety by putting a car seat in.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sad for the helpless kid. RIP. Im convinced the inner city blacks that have these kids only do it to be like their peers and get more money from the government. They want to have multiple baby daddy's and that is the life they have grown up in and are around all day. The gang thugs glorify this as well.

I feel bad for the children as they are stuck in this merry go round of unintelligent moms, or grandmas, who keep having kids and absent dads.

If a grandma raises the kid they get even more money from the government. It is a pathetic cycle that will not end unless major changes are made.

I have pure white trash family that does the same thing. It's down right embarrassing. Comes from lack of education, piss poor parenting, and heavy negative peer influence...

They sit back in their single wide and play Xbox all day while the babies are fed from my taxes.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I haven't seen a source of yours, so I can't find a problem. Do you have a source?

here is an oft cited harvard paper:
An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force

it was oft cited because it did not find a disparity in shooting (but did in other uses of force) although someone has leveraged some good criticism as to why that metric/work done should be interpreted differently. and so you know what actual critique looks like, that's here:
Data Colada | [50] Teenagers in Bikinis: Interpreting Police-Shooting Data

another 2016 one on various metrics:
http://policingequity.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/CPE_SoJ_Race-Arrests-UoF_2016-07-08-1130.pdf

a paper on stop and frisk:
http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/published/frisk9.pdf

on shootings:
A Multi-Level Bayesian Analysis of Racial Bias in Police Shootings at the County-Level in the United States, 2011

i don't know why anyone is publishing these things though, since people could just ask call up great white drake and set them straight on this myth. he's been working around blacks in rough neighborhoods for 13 years. that invalidates all the above, just like shooting the messenger does.

Speaking of which, not sure why the shooter also killed the 2 yrs old kid. A 2 yrs old sits low in the seat (without a car seat), almost out of view from outside the vehicle unless you purposely looked in the rear seat and shot him in the head, which is fucked up.

it seems like someone was in front of the car and just started spraying into it somewhat wildly. that or someone is extra fucked up

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I've done a Build A Bear Day with State Police every Christmas season the last 15 years. The sad part is when you ask these kids why they're not happy or excited to be there and they say because they know the bear will get sold and they can't keep it. And it's not all minority children. There is garbage in every race and unfortunately the children always suffer. I don't care what any bullshit poll says because they're all biased. The media are full of shit also.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I've done a Build A Bear Day with State Police every Christmas season the last 15 years. The sad part is when you ask these kids why they're not happy or excited to be there and they say because they know the bear will get sold and they can't keep it. And it's not all minority children. There is garbage in every race and unfortunately the children always suffer. I don't care what any bullshit poll says because they're all biased. The media are full of shit also.

1. none of these are polls
2. biased is called out by proving it mathematically or showing flaws in methodology. not by assuming it exists because something is different from your worldview

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

Why is it rediculous? Pols use shootings as a stick for gun control all the time especially Obama and to call the NRA a terrorist organization or whatever slogan there is this week.

Personally I think waving the bloody shirt is tacky as fuck but hey it is the game.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
1. none of these are polls
2. biased is called out by proving it mathematically or showing flaws in methodology. not by assuming it exists because something is different from your worldview

Confirmation bias. Look it up if you're unfamiliar with the term. You seem to have zero capacity to challenge data that you agree with.

Correlation is not causation. Say it twice if need be.

Some of the GLARING omissions from these studies I looked at that you cited: how many being arrested had warrants/previous records?

You do realize one of the charts shows whites are HIGHER in fatalities than blacks when dealing with police. So while they may be restrained more, or pepper sprayed, blacks are dying at a much LESS rate than whites, despite what the media might have you believe. That's the fake narrative I was referring to.

Another question, you seem to overlook (confirmation bias), how many were resisting arrest???? Lmao this isn't hard.

None of this I seen was brought up in your links. But hey, as long as it says what you feel you'll believe it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info