Anheuser-Busch Strikes $106 Billion Takeover Of Miller Lite Brewer

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
Also, the US govt has no say in whether this take over / merger / whatever is a monopoly or not. Neither is a US company.

I believe it's up to British law (maybe EU as well) The Economist has been covering this for the last few weeks. I can post up the articles if anyone is interested.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Also, the US govt has no say in whether this take over / merger / whatever is a monopoly or not. Neither is a US company.

I believe it's up to British law (maybe EU as well) The Economist has been covering this for the last few weeks. I can post up the articles if anyone is interested.

Multiple Government agencies across the world will have to approve this. I've been through one merger and am going through another right now.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
100-billion.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I am so glad I got out of the beer business. The us government can't control a company that is based elsewhere. Each state regulates how wholesalers are protected. Lots of people will be jobless on a corporate level and at the wholesaler level. Bad for reg workers good for corpo and stick holders

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I am so glad I got out of the beer business. The us government can't control a company that is based elsewhere. Each state regulates how wholesalers are protected. Lots of people will be jobless on a corporate level and at the wholesaler level. Bad for reg workers good for corpo and stick holders

From the conversation I had this morning with a former owner of distribution center (her brother still a CEO for a distributer up near Milwaukee), chances are distributers and wholesalers will be largely left alone and the Miller and AB stuff would still be pretty separate even after the buy-out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info