All Inclusive Vacations: Where'd you go? Who'd you go through?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
ill find out

but like i said in the other thread already, when we did all inclusive, our resort was far from the cheapest...

i keep going back to thinking also that possibly people just have very different tastes in food.

All inclusive isnt for everyone bro. 90% of the food is buffet style and it gets old after a few days. Luckily everywhere we have went with the exception of DR the buffets have been pretty good. Where we stay in Mexico they also have 5 dinner restaurants and they are all pretty damn good, but need to make reservations day of. Another thing that helps is we leave the resort 2-3 times in a week and can be gone anywhere from 2hrs to a whole day. Doing that you also get out and have "authentic" meals for either lunch or dinner. Some people say well doing that defeats the purpose of the "all inclusive". Not in our eyes, we travel with anywhere from 8-16 people. We are all big drinkers on vacation. So we feel we get our moneys worth, lol.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
[MENTION=13268]Kensington[/MENTION] there's some good posts in this thread i quoted too.

i would only go to an all inclusive again if it was highly recommended from someone i really trusted and had similar tastes to.

I'll check that thread out, thanks!

We're pretty far off doing anything at this point, just doing our research. I've heard that all inclusive is the only way to go, and now I'm hearing it's not always. Also disconcerting to hear that the reviews aren't necessarily accurate...I've been trying to look at a few different review sites to look for themes or trends.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'll check that thread out, thanks!

We're pretty far off doing anything at this point, just doing our research. I've heard that all inclusive is the only way to go, and now I'm hearing it's not always. Also disconcerting to hear that the reviews aren't necessarily accurate...I've been trying to look at a few different review sites to look for themes or trends.

do you guys drink a fuckton when on vacay?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I'm not a liquor guy, and prefer beer, which I can drink a ton of, if given the opportunity...GF is a wine and mixed drink person, but she's an even bigger lightweight than I am.

I guess we want to just relax, drink, maybe do a couple of activities (snorkeling, kayaking, etc.) We're pretty basic, and we don't necessarily need fancy. We prefer basic food, not the high end dining type of thing.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
fuck this place looks awesome.

I'm not a liquor guy, and prefer beer, which I can drink a ton of, if given the opportunity...GF is a wine and mixed drink person, but she's an even bigger lightweight than I am.

I guess we want to just relax, drink, maybe do a couple of activities (snorkeling, kayaking, etc.) We're pretty basic, and we don't necessarily need fancy. We prefer basic food, not the high end dining type of thing.

yeah i mean sounds like all inclusive would be awesome for you then... if you can go in May or would want to- the place [MENTION=6359]N20GT[/MENTION] posted is CHEAP AS FUCK :rofl:

quick search i found non stop ord to there airfare for $440 a person, and all inclusive room for 7 nights for $1800 for everything... i mean. that's a fuck ton of vacation for not crazy money.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
So I will say, I'm terrified of cruises, because I have an extremely sensitive inner ear, and am super paranoid about being stuck on the ship for 5 days and being seasick the entire time...

The family and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks, I'm also paranoid about getting sea sick. I've never had a problem on boats, but I've never been on a rocky ocean.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

If you go to RM, take a day trip to Cozumel for snorkeling. Kayaking and snorkeling are usually included with your resort. But best snorkeling is in Cozumel. Or go check out Xel Ha, if you like water then its the best excursion around. We go every time we are in RM, and its all inclusive for the day.

Xel-Há Park | Activities & Attractions in Cancun and Riviera Maya

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The family and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks, I'm also paranoid about getting sea sick. I've never had a problem on boats, but I've never been on a rocky ocean.

Worst experience of my life was getting seasick on a half day charter fishing boat. I'm leery of going on the open ocean ever since. Obviously the cruises are much much bigger, but the experience has not left my mind...

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
yeah i mean sounds like all inclusive would be awesome for you then... if you can go in May or would want to- the place [MENTION=6359]N20GT[/MENTION] posted is CHEAP AS FUCK :rofl:

quick search i found non stop ord to there airfare for $440 a person, and all inclusive room for 7 nights for $1800 for everything... i mean. that's a fuck ton of vacation for not crazy money.

So that place is in Cancun?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
fwiw the website for the one that was posted, when you're checking out you can select transportation to/from to be included

absolutely do this, it made life so much easier when we went to Punta Cana. Even tho I got struck with some fun travelers diarrhea (TMI right?) I'd go back to the resort we stayed in 100 times. It was the Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana and it was incredible.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yes you fly in to Cancun then get on a Greyhound type of bus or a van and they drive you to the resort. Again though, Apple is the only company that includes that transfer. If you have to pay out of pocket expect $100 each way.

Located right on the beach between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, on the Riviera Maya (Mexico)

Although Costco doesn't list Iberostar in Riviera Maya :fu:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So that place is in Cancun?

looks like you fly into cancun, but ill let someone field it from there.

Yes you fly in to Cancun then get on a Greyhound type of bus or a van and they drive you to the resort. Again though, Apple is the only company that includes that transfer. If you have to pay out of pocket expect $100 each way.

I usually book private transfer for ~$50 extra round trip. It's worth it. Not sure if you can do that through apple or not since the travel agent does it for us.

I did the shuttle bus thing to rui riviera maya before and it sucked, the dude had to stop at like 5 hotels before ours so the already long drive to that specific resort took forever. One of the hotels he made a stop at was wayyy off the beaten path and the roads to get there weren't paved. So it added 20 painful minutes to the commute.

Iberostar is in riviera maya but it's only ~25 minutes from the airport, but i still don't want to share a bus with a bunch of people going to cancun.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Cruise FTW. That's the only way I vacation really. I don't like the idea of being stuck in the same place for days. Most beach resorts out of the country are surrounded by shit areas. On a cruise you are in a different spot almost every day and they is no bad neighborhood on a boat. My wife and I are planning a Norwegian or Royal Caribbean cruise in November.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's honestly amazing. And like you said it's not very expensive. That's why I have such a hard time understanding how people do all inclusive and hate it, lol.

i really think it just boils down to where you wind up... you know what im saying?

like the place we were at checks all the boxes you're speaking of... not cheap, book through apple or american airlines, consensus of good reviews, but just BAD :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info