85 Fiero Build

Looking good. There are always things to work on or fix up, just check out Pennocks and I'm sure you'll find something new to work on.

What is your plan as far as the engine is concerned, still thinking 3800 swap?

We all know that a project is never really "done" but I'd like to find the next thing for the car to start working on.

Maybe in a year or 2 if the car still holds up like how I want it to I still wouldn't mind a 3800 swap. For now though I guess I'm happy with how the car is running. Went from having only 3 injectors working to 6 gave me a nice power boost that I'm enjoying for the moment.

Spent the weekend fixing the wiring issues that I've been having. Finally got the rally gauges above the center console working. The new oil pressure sensor was put in tonight, but I still need to solder the connector for it.

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

Small update:

Put the new GM battery tray in to replace the rusted one that I cut out a few months ago. Replaced my e-brake cables and now those are fully working.

Replaced all of the motor mounts last weekend. Took a little longer than I thought it should have, but those are done.

Bought some cheap LED's to change the lighting of the interior. Looks a little ricey, but we'll see how I feel about it in a little bit. Really easy to change if I don't since it was only the bulbs.

Soon I hope to replace the window dew wipes with the plan of eventually getting the windows tinted. Next step is going to be with 1/4 windows that have been broken since I've had the car. Still throwing around the idea of plastidipping it.

Not my car, or color I'd like to do but it looks like it could turn out decent.
IMG_20130508_193809.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 46

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
I guess I'm lucky mines not THAT beat up yet. Thanks though from everyone. Been a Long journey but I couldn't be happier from where it's at right now.

Same to you though. Really hope I get to see yours in the near future (maybe at Luke's if I ever get a Thursday off)

If I can find the time I can get the clutch issue worked out now that the cradle is out. Then it's just a matter of switching the cradle to the new car. I should have plates for the new Fiero in the next month or so and since it's drivable I could take it to Luke's. Let me if you ever get a chance to go, we could both bring our cars.

Thread Info