707 Horsepower 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hellcat Is Coming *0-60 in 3.5*

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
WTF warranty runs out based on months not miles?

:dnc:

screw that nonsense!

Edit I realize people cant just squat on a vehicle that's 10 years old and bring it in for warranty work but still its only got 25k miles on it.

It's not 3 years AND 36k miles. It's 3 years or 36K miles, whichever comes first....like EVERY SINGLE OTHER WARRANTY THERE IS

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
It's not 3 years AND 36k miles. It's 3 years or 36K miles, whichever comes first....like EVERY SINGLE OTHER WARRANTY THERE IS

That's my point I was under the impression that it was a much higher mileage/more years than 3/36k miles that's pretty piddly for a brand new vehicle I guess I would have expected more.

:dunno:

This is pretty much EXACTLY why I think EVERY single new vehicle is over priced!

Spend what 40-60k on a brand new SUV and they tell you to pound sand after 36k miles....... LOL that fucking thing best be issue free well past 36k miles because I'd for damn sure rack up those miles long before the 3 years tick by!

Are all domestic vehicles warranties this small? No wonder people buy god damn Kias and Hyundais when those warranty's are like twice as long if not 100k.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I'm really wondering what they are using for a transfer case...made out of unobtainium?

I thought I read somewhere around like May time frame that they were considering going to RWD for the hellcat GC for this exact reason.......

They were having issues with the transfer case holding the HP...

Gee ummm no wonder they have such short warranties!

*cough* *cough* wouldn't want that transfer case to get warranty work done with 36,001 miles on it! LMFAO!!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I wish LOL.

I just thought Jeep warranties were better than that.

And yes the article I was talking about was the Jeep was supposedly considering doing RWD only because of the transfer case issues. But that would have been against Jeeps religion LOL so I really hope they have a decent transfer case setup that doesn't explode at 36,001 miles (or sooner) HAHA!

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Let's face it, these things are going to break all the time.
My goal would be to bust all warranty records spending their money with the 36,000 three month bumper to bumper.
& then right around 35,000 ~ Pooooof, that thing would be gone.
Or maybe I’d hold out with the 5 year 100,000 powertrain.

No reason for me to ponder, Sadly I am not dropping $85+grand on a suv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info