707 Horsepower 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hellcat Is Coming *0-60 in 3.5*

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
To me, this statement is fair as the Jeep is a uni-body style SUV.

The Jeep is equal or slightly larger than an Explorer and Trailblazer.

All things technical aside whether you think a "Truck SUV" is a small cross-over and is more comparable to a 2-seater sports car, it is still an SUV.

Again, chassis/frame designation aside, the Jeep is a full-size luxury SUV that weighs over 5,000LBS, is shaped like a brick and serves more of a purpose than the Z06.

There is small room for a comparison between the two. The only commonality is the fact that both boast supercharged motors and produce high HP.

Personally working with all 3, the TB has the most interior room of all 3. I feel squished inside an explorer or wk2

Please do understand I'm not taking away from how badass this truck is, I'd buy one if I had the expendable cash laying around. But my point here is just if I WAS in the market for buy something at this price point, it would be a toy, not a DD or a haul vehicle, and there are more options out there

By all means if someone wants to send the keys to one in my mailbox I'll be forever indebted LOL

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Personally working with all 3, the TB has the most interior room of all 3. I feel squished inside an explorer or wk2

Please do understand I'm not taking away from how badass this truck is, I'd buy one if I had the expendable cash laying around. But my point here is just if I WAS in the market for buy something at this price point, it would be a toy, not a DD or a haul vehicle, and there are more options out there

By all means if someone wants to send the keys to one in my mailbox I'll be forever indebted LOL

I understand.

On that note, I'd love one too.

For 100K, I'd probably get a used ZR1 and call it a day. :)

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Huh? Maybe in a straight line, but there's no mass produced SUV on this planet that will handle or brake with a sports car like a Z06 or 911.

Jason - Please reread the thread before you take this post out of context.

Cliffs for you:

C7Z was tossed into the comparison against the Jeep as a better car to buy for the money.

Sports car compared to full-size SUV for performance options

See above posts and rethink it.

I'm aware there is no SUV out there, and I didn't say that in any shape/form/fashion in this thread.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Jason - Please reread the thread before you take this post out of context.

Cliffs for you:

C7Z was tossed into the comparison against the Jeep as a better car to buy for the money.

Sports car compared to full-size SUV for performance options

See above posts and rethink it.

I'm aware there is no SUV out there, and I didn't say that in any shape/form/fashion in this thread.

C7Z is a always a better buy than any Jeep lol....

I think the point was that for the price you could buy a C7Z and nice SUV, BMW, insert $40-50K second car here...

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
C7Z is a always a better buy than any Jeep lol....

I think the point was that for the price you could buy a C7Z and nice SUV, BMW, insert $40-50K second car here...

C7Z is primarily a single-purpose car. The Jeep, is not.

Last I checked, the Trackhawk was around 110K and the C7Z was based around 80K. How the hell do you buy a C7Z and a 40-50K SUV?

Once you factor in the 3LZ option, the price is 90K. Add the Z07 package, just under 100K. Add the Carbon 65 Edition, car is now 115K.

This is based on base leather configurations, no accessories, etc. Just those trims/options/packages.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
C7Z is primarily a single-purpose car. The Jeep, is not.

Last I checked, the Trackhawk was around 110K and the C7Z was based around 80K. How the hell do you buy a C7Z and a 40-50K SUV?

Once you factor in the 3LZ option, the price is 90K. Add the Z07 package, just under 100K. Add the Carbon 65 Edition, car is now 115K.

This is based on base leather configurations, no accessories, etc. Just those trims/options/packages.

The Trackhawk is a single purposed car too. It's built for straight line acceleration with Pirelli summer tires. To be 4 seasons, you'd need winter tires and the same could be said for the Z06.

I can buy a new Z06 1LZ for mid $70's right now. The Trackhawk will probably command ADM, so it's going to be pretty expensive. So theoretically you can buy a Z06 and $40K car as I mentioned for roughly the cost of a Trackhawk. I think it's a silly argument myself, but the math works.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
The Trackhawk is a single purposed car too. It's built for straight line acceleration with Pirelli summer tires. To be 4 seasons, you'd need winter tires and the same could be said for the Z06.

I can buy a new Z06 1LZ for mid $70's right now. The Trackhawk will probably command ADM, so it's going to be pretty expensive. So theoretically you can buy a Z06 and $40K car as I mentioned for roughly the cost of a Trackhawk. I think it's a silly argument myself, but the math works.

I think the point about the summer tire is moot. It is an AWD car.

I drove my 03 Cobra with 275 Goodyear Eagle's in winter and managed. Now imagine being in a much heavier AWD SUV. I think it will do just fine. Also drove other high HP mustangs' with summer tires and was "successful" at getting to where I needed to go. Then I got smart and got winters tires, though.

If you can get a Base Z06 for mid 70's, out the door with TTL and no ADM, you're the next ZXMustang with those special bird dogs.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I think the point about the summer tire is moot. It is an AWD car.

I drove my 03 Cobra with 275 Goodyear Eagle's in winter and managed. Now imagine being in a much heavier AWD SUV. I think it will do just fine. Also drove other high HP mustangs' with summer tires and was "successful" at getting to where I needed to go. Then I got smart and got winters tires, though.

If you can get a Base Z06 for mid 70's, out the door with TTL and no ADM, you're the next ZXMustang with those special bird dogs.

AWD and summer tires are going to be challenging. Summer tires get hard when cold, so both vehicles would need snow tires to be safe.

Kerbeck has a few 1LZ's for mid 70s without any negotiation. I'm sure you can get similar pricing or better especially with the announcement recently a huge discount on Z06's ($9k), so no bird dogs needed.

https://www.web2carz.com/autos/news...tte-z06-gets-price-slashed-by-a-whopping-9107

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info