325 HP Twin Turbo V6 Fusion? Sign me up!

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Also different power specs stock wise from same engine:

Sport Edge:
Horsepower 315 @ 4,750 (tested with 93-octane fuel)
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 350 @ 2,750 (tested with 93-octane fuel)

Fusion Sport:
Horsepower 325 @ 5,500
Torque 380 @ 3,500

So it may go 12's tune only.

I'd say it may be a stretch for tune only...make intake, tune, exhaust gets you into 12's...downpipe deeper

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
They are out, and word seems good on them. Wonder how far the 2.7TT will go tune only.

There's some issues with tuning from what I've been reading. Livernois does have a tune out, but from what I am reading is that with SCT there's an issue with boost going above 20 psi and throwing a CEL. They are trying to resolve that currently. I want to put a tune in my Wife's Edge, but I am waiting for that issue to be resolved first.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Interior Features

10-way heated power front seats with 4-way power lumbar
Leather-trimmed seats
Fold-down split rear seat with pass-through
Driver seat memory
Rear seat AC/heat vents
SYNC® 3
Lincoln Premium Audio System with 11 Speakers
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Media bin, 2 USB ports and audio input jack
Reverse Sensing System
Genuine wood door, steering wheel and instrument panel trim
Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls
Front and rear floor mats
10.1" configurable LCD gauge cluster with message center
Ambient lighting
Cabin air filtration system
Rear window defroster
Front and rear dome lamps
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
12V powerpoints - 3
Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory
Driver and front-passenger visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
One-touch open/close front and rear windows
Remote trunk lid release
Power door locks
Universal garage door opener
Variable-speed windshield wipers
Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
Cupholders - 10 total
Overhead console with sunglasses holder
Front seat-back map pockets
Front console with two cup holders and armrest storage bin
Glove compartment with valet lock
Remote start system
Cruise control
Illuminated scuff plates
Push-Button Shift
Intelligent access with push-button start
Active Noise Control (ANC)
110V power outlet
Rear-seat USB charging ports - 2
Auto-dimming driver sideview mirror
Auto-folding side view mirrors

Exterior Features

Body-color door handles with chrome insert
Dual integrated chrome exhaust tips
Adaptive HID headlamps with LED signature lighting
Exterior power, heated pedestal mirrors with integrated turn signals and security approach lamps
Satin Aluminum grille
LED taillamps
Lincoln Experience
Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
Windshield-acoustic-laminated glass
Solar tinted glass

Power and Handling

2.0-Liter Turbocharged I-4 Engine
6-speed SelectShift® automatic with paddle shifters
AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control (ESC)
Auto Hold
Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD)
18" premium painted machined aluminum wheels with painted pockets
Mini spare tire and wheel

Safety

Four-wheel disc anti-lock brake system (ABS)
Driver and front-passenger dual-stage airbags
Front seat side-impact airbags
Front knee airbags
Side-curtain airbags
Belt-Minder®
Child-safety rear door locks
Emergency trunk release
LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
Personal Safety System™
Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (excludes spare)
Traction control
Emergency brake assist
Rear view camera
SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
Remote Keyless Entry System
Battery saver
Anti-theft perimeter alarm
SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System
MyKey®
Electronic parking brake

Here are the standard features on the Base 200A MKZ...which you can get with the 3.0TT and AWD

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
$42k sticker is where the MKZ with the 400hp 3.0TT V6 starts....I think I'd rather go that route...

Curious what the differences are between the 2.7 and 3.0. They are related motors, and different from the 3.5 Ecoboost. From what I was reading, they are a two piece block. Aluminum lower frame with a graphite iron upper block for the cylinders and main bearings. I would imagine it shares it's bore spacing, just a different bore and stroke...

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Curious what the differences are between the 2.7 and 3.0. They are related motors, and different from the 3.5 Ecoboost. From what I was reading, they are a two piece block. Aluminum lower frame with a graphite iron upper block for the cylinders and main bearings. I would imagine it shares it's bore spacing, just a different bore and stroke...

Yeah...I haven't been able to find much on the technical differences. The 3.0TT is brand exclusive to Lincoln, but definitely based on the 2.7.

MKZ looks a lot better too IMO than a Fusion, especially with the new front grill styling...

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Also different power specs stock wise from same engine:

Sport Edge:
Horsepower 315 @ 4,750 (tested with 93-octane fuel)
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 350 @ 2,750 (tested with 93-octane fuel)

Fusion Sport:
Horsepower 325 @ 5,500
Torque 380 @ 3,500

So it may go 12's tune only.

id bet if they tested to the same RPM it would be the same power. but due to driveability of the bigger vehicle they lowered the shift points.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah...I haven't been able to find much on the technical differences. The 3.0TT is brand exclusive to Lincoln, but definitely based on the 2.7.

MKZ looks a lot better too IMO than a Fusion, especially with the new front grill styling...

I do like the new MKZ styling, and the Continental :wackit: , but I really do like the Fusion too....I just like the Ford products lately :ford: :nutz:

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I'd never buy a new Lincoln. They depreciate and you can find lightly used ones for a steal.

That being said, I bet the Fusion Sport is faster than the base 3.0T Lincoln. You have to spend jump up in price to get the 400ho version.

MKZ does not depreciate as badly as some as the other models.

Not sure how a 325HP Fusion sport would be faster than a 400HP MKZ. Lincoln's website has the 400HP version starting at $42k, only a few thousand more than a loaded up Fusion sport.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I'd never buy a new Lincoln. They depreciate and you can find lightly used ones for a steal.

That being said, I bet the Fusion Sport is faster than the base 3.0T Lincoln. You have to spend jump up in price to get the 400ho version.

I would be interested to see the fusion sport FWD vs. MKZ 3.0T FWD - however the AWD version is what I'd like to actually see tested by someone. I'd take your bet though. 350 > 320 and 400tq > 380 unless the fusion is much lighter?

Also that's why there's leasing and certified used :nice: We bought my wife's 2011 in 2012 certified. Had 30K miles on it and bought it for 32K with a sticker a year before for 53K. HOLLER.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John

Not sure how a 325HP Fusion sport would be faster than a 400HP MKZ. Lincoln's website has the 400HP version starting at $42k, only a few thousand more than a loaded up Fusion sport.

Looks correct to me as well. 2017 MKZ with FWD and the 350hp 3.0T is $38,935. AWD 400hp version starts at $42,075.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I would be interested to see the fusion sport FWD vs. MKZ 3.0T FWD - however the AWD version is what I'd like to actually see tested by someone. I'd take your bet though. 350 > 320 and 400tq > 380 unless the fusion is much lighter?

Also that's why there's leasing and certified used :nice: We bought my wife's 2011 in 2012 certified. Had 30K miles on it and bought it for 32K with a sticker a year before for 53K. HOLLER.

Not sure they are offering a FWD Fusion Sport. Looks like AWD is standard

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

There's two versions of the 3.0T. The FWD gets a lesser rated 350 hp. The Fusion Sport will likely smoke that version. The 400hp AWD MKZ vs. Fusion Sport will be interesting. I know that the 2.7L in the MKX is rated at higher HP/Torque than the Edge Sport, but the Edge is faster due to weight and how Lincoln tuned the engine/trans.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
There's two versions of the 3.0T. The FWD gets a lesser rated 350 hp. The Fusion Sport will likely smoke that version. The 400hp AWD MKZ vs. Fusion Sport will be interesting. I know that the 2.7L in the MKX is rated at higher HP/Torque than the Edge Sport, but the Edge is faster due to weight and how Lincoln tuned the engine/trans.

lol...well yeah, of course the AWD Fusion Sport will probably beat a FWD MKZ.

AWD should have no issues though. Weight is basically the same...looks like less than a 100lb difference between Fusion Sport and MKZ AWD. 75HP difference should make for a pretty easy win with an MKZ.

Regardless, I'm sure most people on this forum buying either of these will be loading their own tunes anyways...

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Wait for the initial rush to die down, and they'll start dealing them...they shouldn't be anything rare or special like the RS, GT350, or anything. Hell you can get deals on ST's WELL below sticker...I'm banking on, in like 6-8 months picking up a semi loaded version in the mid to low 30's.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I asked Livernois about a tune for the Lincoln MKX 2.7 yesterday and here's their response:

Ethan (LivernoisMotorsports)
Aug 25, 08:17 COT
Hello There,
We do offer the tunes for the 2.7 Edge and F150. As for the MKX I need to confer with my tuning department. Although the Edge and MKX are the same platform they
may have different ECM configurations.

Regards,
Ethan

Soooooooooooo no then lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info