Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
pow pow!

Some of the details we’ve known for some time but the Lethal crew has confirmed the Predator engine is a cross-plane 5.2-liter V8 with a Eaton 2.65-liter TVS @ 12psi supercharger and 10:1 compression ratio.

We’re also hearing that Ford may have sourced the Tremec TR-9007 7-speed dual clutch transmission for a huge boost in performance and efficiency.

Predator engine believed to have low 700hp to the wheels

GLpXd5r.jpg

2x3UJ1Q.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
This cars so long over due its basically a Roush 727 with a 5.2 and a 2650 tvs blower and headlights that are off a model thats 5 years old. :rofl:

Its a huge mistake to use the old headlights IMO.

How are they going to explain hey the base 4 cylinder model gets the new 2018 front clip while the 2020 GT500 gets headlights off the 2015 :roflpicard:

Those renderings with the black middle section between the grills are disgusting. It would look way better and less Dodge like with the section body color.

Plus I cant get over the 2014ish 5th gen ZL1 hood vents :rofl: gross.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Tremec TR-9007

High-torque dual clutch transmission with performance mechatronic system provides a multi-mode, tunable launch for high-end luxury cars and sports cars.

Seven forward speeds
Modular design for rear-wheel drive (RWD), all-wheel drive (AWD) and trans-axle platforms
Torque capacity of 900 Nm (664-lb-ft)
9,000 RPM maximum input speed
Performance-oriented gear ratio spread
Integrated mechatronics

TR-9007DCT_Gear.Ratio.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
"only" 664 lb ft of torque capacity? Seems like they'd be cutting that pretty close with 700+HP. Then again, with the cross-plane instake, torque may be down in the 500's.

Manufactures seem to use things that fit the OE needs. So not uncommon to see ratings close to the stock numbers.

That being said what is the limiting factor in it's power capability? The case, the gearsets, the clutch set up? If it is the clutch then it will be interesting to see what aftermarket units and installs will cost. I know GTR guys spend a lot of money to upgrade their transmissions to big power. I guess time will tell what happens.

Also, I believe transmissions are rated based on vehicle weight. A 5500+ pound SUV is going to add more stress to it than say a 4000 pound sports car. Since this trans is designed with SUV in mind, could the torque ceiling be higher in a lighter car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info