2017 NFL Free Agency and Draft Thread

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Pack dumped Starks and they need someone. Makes sense they kept Lacy. It's probably time for the LDP (Lacy Diet Plan) again.

One year contract is interesting. Several mock drafts have the Packers taking RB Christian McCaffrey with their first pick.

This is a guy I wouldn't mind the Bears taking if he's available in round 2. He'd be a strong change of pace back and kick returner and could line up in the slot better than most RBs. He fills several Bears needs.

Pack also needs DBs or LBs so their pick could go several directions. I think they will either draft a RB like McCaffrey or sign one from free agency.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Solomon Thomas, DE/OLB keeps moving up draft boards. This guy has a nose for the ball. Someone may take him in the top five/ten, maybe even the Bears.

Nice thing about being at #3 is there is so much talent available. Bears will have several good choices, none of which are QBs.

Cleveland will probably take DL Garrett with the first pick because he's safe. I'm betting they take a QB with their #12 pick instead of with #1.

SF is the wild card. Do they take DL Jonathan Allen? A QB? Someone else? Their new front office could go in a lot of directions and their choice may influence the Bears' decision.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Vikings will be in the market for a RB in free agency or the draft. We might have to cut Adrian if he doesn't want to renegotiate his deal... Because there is no way he's getting that 18 million or anything close to that from anyone this year... I would like to see him back and retire in purple but it may be a good time to move on also. It's up to him if he wants to retire a Viking...:io:

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Pack dumped Starks and they need someone. Makes sense they kept Lacy. It's probably time for the LDP (Lacy Diet Plan) again.

One year contract is interesting. Several mock drafts have the Packers taking RB Christian McCaffrey with their first pick.

This is a guy I wouldn't mind the Bears taking if he's available in round 2. He'd be a strong change of pace back and kick returner and could line up in the slot better than most RBs. He fills several Bears needs.

Pack also needs DBs or LBs so their pick could go several directions. I think they will either draft a RB like McCaffrey or sign one from free agency.

I really don't see them drafting McCaffrey. They already have an undersized/quick back. They will probably draft defense. 1 year contract is definitely a get your fatass healthy or you are gone deal. When he can stay on the field he is productive so no reason to just cut him just yet.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
AP and Elliott on the same roster?

Doesn't make sense on any level. Not sure how Elliott would take that, he seems like a bit of a prima donna at this point in his career. Why fix what not only isn't broken, but is also a very strong position already?

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
You don't sign AP to be the starter, when you have a IMO, top-3 MVP candidate as your current running back.

Last year, before Elliott broke out, it made sense. Now? No way they'd be in the market for AP.

I didn't say anything about why they would sign him. I just said I don't think he would be the backup. That offense has produced 3 different top 5 rushers in 3 years. Elliot didn't break out they just cleared the way for him.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I didn't say anything about why they would sign him. I just said I don't think he would be the backup. That offense has produced 3 different top 5 rushers in 3 years. Elliot didn't break out they just cleared the way for him.

No doubt that the line helped, but the backups behind Elliott (Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden) were only getting ~3.5 yards a carry compared to Elliott's 5.1. Elliott is the real deal.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Adrian Peterson is the guy who started the ADP to Dallas rumor.

speculation has already begun about one of the best running backs to ever play. It was reported on Monday that current Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson might have an interest in returning to his home state to play for the Dallas Cowboys, if he is not retained by his team next season.

Forbes Welcome

At best, Peterson would be in a 1-A/1-B situation. No way would Dallas bench their new, near MVP superstar.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Rumors were that the Eagles were going to make a run at him

No doubt Jeffery will have suitors. He is a decent WR1 when he's on the field.

Looking at the WR salary list, Jeffery is currently the 2nd highest paid WR at $14.6 Mil. He's a better fit a couple mil under that. No way would I pay him more.

Jordy Nelson makes $9.7 Mil. Brandon Marshall makes $8.6. Larry Fitzgerald makes $11.

Wide Receiver Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I really don't see them drafting McCaffrey. They already have an undersized/quick back. They will probably draft defense. 1 year contract is definitely a get your fatass healthy or you are gone deal. When he can stay on the field he is productive so no reason to just cut him just yet.

Agreed, with them releasing Shields, they could almost use the entire draft on the defensive side of the ball and be okay. Lacy on a one year deal along with Montgomery returning strictly at RB they should be good at RB.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
Julius Peppers' days with the Green Bay Packers are likely done.

Rob Demovsky of ESPN has reported that Peppers "appears to be done" in Green Bay. Peppers has spent the last three years with the Packers and will become a free agent in March.

The Packers signed Peppers in 2014 after spending four seasons with the Chicago Bears. During his time in Green Bay, Peppers recorded 25 sacks and he led the Packers in sacks in 2015 with 10.5. Currently, Peppers has 143.5 career sacks which puts him fifth on the all-time list.

The Packers are now in the offseason and thereā€™s a lot of work to be done to get ready for next season. Make sure youā€™re in the loop ā€“ take five seconds to Sign up for our FREE Packers newsletter now!

Towards the end of the 2016, Peppers, who is now 37 was asked about him possibly retiring.

"Iā€™m not saying that I donā€™t want to play next year. Iā€™m not saying that I do," Peppers said. "Iā€™m just saying that right now I donā€™t know."

Peppers will become a free agent in March along with fellow outside linebackers Datone Jones and Nick Perry. In 2016, Peppers and Perry combined for 18.5 sacks, which was nearly half of the team's sack total of 40. So the outside linebacker position will be something the Packers will look to address this offseason.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Minnesota's Captain Munnerlyn anxious to explore free agency.

"I definitely get anxious, because I want to know what's my next move," he said. "I definitely would love to stay here [in Minnesota,] but at the same time, I know it's a business. I know things can get a little tricky. Money does play a little issue, but at the same time, you want to be happy. If I'm back here, I'm definitely pulling for that. Hopefully, they bring me back."

Impending free agent Captain Munnerlyn hopes to cash in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info