2017 NFL Free Agency and Draft Thread

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ILB Reuben Foster had "positive" (dilute) drug test during combine.

The NFL classifies a "dilute" test as a positive test. Foster received the "dilute" designation. He attempts to explain it away.

As for why the test came back dilute, Foster explained in detail. He said he was sick before the combine. He was throwing up, had diarrhea, couldn't keep anything down and was cramping. One adviser offered to have a doctor put him on IVs to hydrate, but he didn't want that. He saw a doctor, got some medication and started hydrating himself.

Foster believes it was food poisoning.

"I couldn't eat much, but I had to drink water and Gatorade," said Foster, who began the process as the consensus top linebacker based on his game tape and measurables. "Then a few coaches said something about me being too light. And I'm a coach-pleaser. I don't care what everybody thinks, but I care what coaches think. So I drank and ate as much as I could without throwing up. Then I went in there, drinking and drinking water, trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick and trying to keep my weight up and took the test."

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescr...ad-positive-drug-test-at-combine/Default.aspx

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Peppers already showed himself when he gave up on that 3rd down play which resulted in the winning 4th and subsequent TD against OSU and got bullied by the Noles. His stock dropped a lot for me towards the end of the season.

Not surprised about the drug test BS.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's almost time! 2 more days.

Time for my final ranking of the Bears 1st round choices. Do the same for your team if you like, guys. I'd like to see what you think.

In no particular order as I would be happy with any of these guys at the #3 spot or trading down a few spots and still getting one of them.

DE - Solomon Thomas - Big motor and needs to be double teamed to be stopped in college.
DE/DT - Jonathan Allen - Tremendous run stopper and line clogger with above average skills at rushing the QB.

S - Jamal Adams - Team leader and smart, above average skills.
S - Malik Hooker - Higher ceiling than Adams but lower floor. Could be a Hall of Famer if he develops further.

CB - Marshon Lattimore - True CB1 that the Bears have needed for years. Could be another Hall of Famer.

Note: All three QBs need at least a year on the bench. None of them are NFL ready. Signing Glennon took the pressure off for having to play a drafted QB this year. All things considered, I'd probably take one of the DEF players first since they are safer picks. Don't want to waste a high first round pick on a QB bust. If DE Garrett dropped, he'd be a no brainer at 3. Bears rush would be insane with Garrett, Floyd and McFee.

QB - Deshaun Jackson - Plays big in the big games.
QB - Mitchell Trubisky - Closer to being NFL ready.
QB - Patrick Mahomes - Big arm gunslinger who is sometimes spectacular and other times makes bad decisions (sounds like Cutler)

That's 9 spots where the Bears could take one of these guys, probably more since Cleveland at 12 is the next obvious QB selector. If Cleveland really wants one of the QBs, they could trade the Bears and swap two/three picks for the 3 to 12 differential. Bears would still get a great player. I don't want them to drop further than that unless they get a boatload of picks in return.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info