2013 GT500 Can Reach Almost 1000 RWHP w/ Minimal Mods!!!!

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
My 12 year old car matters how to the GT500? :hsugh:

Do I want one? Sure. Who wouldn't. Will I end up choking up 75k for one? Probably not... but you never know.

Is 75K + whats probably 15k in upgrades for 90k total invested to get to 1kwhp impressive? Eh, I'm not convinced...

It's all about perspective, Jimmy. The GT500 is a great machine, no doubt. But $15k in upgrades to a 75k car to maybe get mid 9s out of it... not so sure myself.

75K car? Are you paying your Ford dealer over list? You can get a 2013 GT500 with all of the mods for about $75K Total.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My 12 year old car matters how to the GT500? :hsugh:

Do I want one? Sure. Who wouldn't. Will I end up choking up 75k for one? Probably not... but you never know.

Is 75K + whats probably 15k in upgrades for 90k total invested to get to 1kwhp impressive? Eh, I'm not convinced...

It's all about perspective, Jimmy. The GT500 is a great machine, no doubt. But $15k in upgrades to a 75k car to maybe get mid 9s out of it... not so sure myself.

Any if you're worried about my car, you're welcome to take a lane! :run:

Did I mention the car being cheap anywhere in my initial post?

My point is look at how much time, effort, fabrication, money, etc. it took your car to get where it is and it still has not put down 985 rwhp. I bet you are approaching the cost of the car and its mods in your build too.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My point is look at how much time, effort, fabrication, money, etc. it took your car to get where it is and it still has not put down 985 rwhp.

75p4dph0cr6jihp6r24.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
How long did it take you to install your sc kit? This thing is water cooled and somewhat new, who even know if it will "bolt right in". Plus, you are dropping the trans to do a clutch, etc. That shit aint minimal, but it is still fucking awesome on stock cam and heads.

I took my time to install my blower, I was not in a rush or against a time clock. Also it was not a kit, I pieced everything together on my own.

We are speaking about minimal in the terms of what is needed to hit almost 1K rwhp. If you can show me a few other 1K rwhp builds this simple then I will agree it is not minimal.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I really do not see how a blower kit and 3 basic supporting mods is not minimal. Oh yeah I forgot, you have to go to the gas station to fill up with E85. Get off of your high horse......

my high horse? :rofl:

How about tuning? Or voiding your warranty on your 2013 car you just paid a good chunk of cash for? Chansing grenading the engine? Good luck replacing that....

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
How long did it take you to install your sc kit? This thing is water cooled and somewhat new, who even know if it will "bolt right in". Plus, you are dropping the trans to do a clutch, etc. That shit aint minimal, but it is still fucking awesome on stock cam and heads.

I've helped put a few twin screws on termi's, they are pretty easy. The clutch isn't bad at all.

Leave the $ out of this, he is talking about the mods themself. If you have the car and the parts you and some buddies could do this in a weekend or so.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I took my time to install my blower, I was not in a rush or against a time clock. Also it was not a kit, I pieced everything together on my own.

We are speaking about minimal in the terms of what is needed to hit almost 1K rwhp. If you can show me a few other 1K rwhp builds this simple then I will agree it is not minimal.

turbo on a junkyard sbe 4.8 motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info