Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
clap.gif

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Excellent pickup..ive got a few buddies who are porsche fanatics. Whats the plan for it?

I already have a list of things I'd like to do, but parts still aren't anywhere near cheap for this car, so it's not going to happen all at once. Would like to eventually have upgraded turbos on it with all supporting mods and maybe run E85. Exterior will remain mostly stock with the exception of wheels.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I already have a list of things I'd like to do, but parts still aren't anywhere near cheap for this car, so it's not going to happen all at once. Would like to eventually have upgraded turbos on it with all supporting mods and maybe run E85. Exterior will remain mostly stock with the exception of wheels.

I agree that thing is in BAD need of wheels ASAP! The stock Porsche wheels look horrible. Just wheels alone on this car will really transform it into looking so much more badass!

I bet that parts aren't cheap for the car, but if I am not mistaken, you do a lot of your own work anyways according to your signature line, so as long as some of that mechanical ability also involves tubular metal fabrication and welding skills then you should be able to save a respectable amount over someone who can only go with off-the-shelf parts for this car. Still not as cheap as modding a GM or Ford, but at least not paying a ridiculous premium for parts whose design difficultly doesn't justify a price 10x higher than what it should be.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Surprised that it isn't comfortable. I spent close to 10 hours straight in this car the first day and it was fantastic. Seats were good, suspension was perfect on the highway and the cabin was decently quiet.

I'm 6'6"... I find my legs to be crammed under the wheel and the seat is all the way back. Passenger seat is much better.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I agree that thing is in BAD need of wheels ASAP! The stock Porsche wheels look horrible. Just wheels alone on this car will really transform it into looking so much more badass!

I bet that parts aren't cheap for the car, but if I am not mistaken, you do a lot of your own work anyways according to your signature line, so as long as some of that mechanical ability also involves tubular metal fabrication and welding skills then you should be able to save a respectable amount over someone who can only go with off-the-shelf parts for this car. Still not as cheap as modding a GM or Ford, but at least not paying a ridiculous premium for parts whose design difficultly doesn't justify a price 10x higher than what it should be.

I do my own bolting-on, but fab is not currently in my wheelhouse. I won't have to pay labor, but I still have to pay for expensive parts. I wouldn't want to build my own exhaust anyway. This car is VERY finicky about exhaust design and if you are just slightly off with angles or lengths, it can drone like crazy. The really expensive stuff is drivetrain, suspension wheels and turbos anyway so even being able to fab won't help there.

I have some friends that fab stuff so I might be able to have some intercoolers or headers made for cheaper, but overall I'm going to have to buy stuff and put it on myself.

I agree that the prices are asinine, but they are what they are and people pay them. The really hilarious part is a lot of the 996 stuff has come down in price since the people that own these cars now aren't millionaires anymore. 997 and 991 parts that are nearly identical can be double the price.

Thread Info