1quicks bike/run how not to be fat and lazy thread

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I've been riding a lot lately. How are some of you averaging a consistent 10-12 MPH and consider it "light pedaling"

I've done 13 mile runs and average 10 MPH keeping a steady "quick" pace and by no means was that "light" pedaling. Granted, this was on a 28-30LB MTB with a 205LB rider with inclines, turns, etc.

In addition, I went through heavy brush, dirt and gravel trails with mud on a fat bike which is about 34LBS averaging 9-10MPH and again, not light pedaling by any means.

Fastest I've actually gone was 17 MPH on a quick sprint with hard pedaling.

I do consider myself to be pretty quick especially since I do pass guys going all out on smaller bikes an they themselves being a lot smaller than me. Only disadvantage is I've never met anyone less than a pro athlete that trains daily constantly pedaling 12+ MPH without slowing down at all for miles and miles and miles.
I'd guess my bike to weigh around 11-13lbs give or take it makes a big difference and the tires it takes me zero effort to keep a 13-14 mph pace, on quick 3-4 mile sprints I can average around 20-21mph

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You don't get arm/hand/wrist pain? Your seat angle looks very wrong....

You might have it too high then. If you sit on it your leg should be perfectly straight with your heel on the pedal at its lowest point.

My leg is straight when I'm sitting on the seat and put my heal on the pedal, but I could try dropping the seat a smidge to try it out, no I don't get any arm hand wrist pain I did on my previous bike but t was a much smaller frame the dude at the bike shop said I needed an xl frame, and ever since then bike rides have been comfortable

Renesis07

Forum Sponsor
Mar 10, 2009
Mundelein IL
15.3mph is pretty good for that many miles though.
Thanks! I was pretty happy with it was my first time averaging over 15 for 20 miles.

b59e36a3b1b5d35ee3c259af6a6fd5cc.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info