GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
So I got my new LS2.

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

I'm now in the process of converting over to Gen IV. One problem I'm running in to is where the hell do the knock sensors go. AES tapped out two holes on each side of the block but those are not going to work with my headers. Can these things go anywhere? Does it look like I even have the right knock sensors. IIRC when I ordered them from Rockauto there was more than one to choose from. If I use the holes down low on the right side I believe those are for the A/C comp bracket. One the left side there is a hole above and behind the header, but I think the steering shaft is going to pass through there. There are some smaller ones up front and down low that would need to be tapped out.

No go.

IMAG0227.jpg

A/C Bracket?

Untitled-2.jpg

This is the one where I believe the steering shaft come through.

IMAG0231.jpg

How about here?

Untitled-3.jpg

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
My response would be, "if you want to catch any debris from the assembly process, that first start up is the most important for a good filter." ;)

Very cool build, btw. Didn't mean to come off as a dick, I just have a hard time understanding why anyone with the slightest bit of technical knowledge would ever think of using a FRAM filter for anything other than a cap while an engine sits on an engine stand.

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
My response would be, "if you want to catch any debris from the assembly process, that first start up is the most important for a good filter." ;)

Very cool build, btw. Didn't mean to come off as a dick, I just have a hard time understanding why anyone with the slightest bit of technical knowledge would ever think of using a FRAM filter for anything other than a cap while an engine sits on an engine stand.

You didn't come off as a dick. I think the filter will do fine. I'm also not going to use Mobil 1 for the initial start up.

Thread Info