• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

1.5 60 foot times and 10s NA!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This was a guy I saw yesterday and thought mod list looked light for 9's, dude has a set up similar to mine with headers and e85 on a tire, probably 8-10k into the set up if he ordered the car with the blower like I did

4c9d0c01fc5d7c26a0dc130a6cb21a6f.jpg

ac47d7b1003e5ad2ee8217931ae2c8e8.jpg

802e53fac34de06d5ab41e48e4e9a8bf.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Ken has really got these cars dialed in. I see the time slips and wonder why my car is so slow compared to theirs.

It makes me wonder what they are doing different, vmp went 9's through stock manifolds and cats and cat back on their shop car, I've never seen a tvs car go close to 9's in person, I hope they can work that magic for me in the spring lol

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
:fy: @Mr.SBF cmon though no one in here wants to hear about NA cars.....:roflpicard:

god id never get sick of seeing that car hanging front wheels like that!

Oh I no they don't care from first hand experience...lol

That was the only pass with the wheels up. The other 3 passes I kept the front end down by taking all the power out with my progressor. Wheelies are fun but it takes away ET and you get a little whiplash... I'm happy with what it picked up with wheel's down vs 2 weeks ago when I couldnt not do a wheelie and it has a good amount more in it.
:fy:

Dennisn

Regular
Sep 30, 2015
Streamwood
It was going through traps at over 7000 when the converter wasn't locked, trapping 142-143. Think it was around 6500. Locked trapping 141ish. Really didn't get enough clean data. Would get wheel spin on some passes. Ran out of season before I was able to get it dialed in.

Will probably change intake for next year. Looked at building motor but think that'll be out of my budget.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It was going through traps at over 7000 when the converter wasn't locked, trapping 142-143. Think it was around 6500. Locked trapping 141ish. Really didn't get enough clean data. Would get wheel spin on some passes. Ran out of season before I was able to get it dialed in.

Will probably change intake for next year. Looked at building motor but think that'll be out of my budget.

You think tires are an issue with spinning? I'm really trying to figure out what tires to run, Was he not locking the converter intentionally? I thought they normally had it lock as soon as it hit 2nd gear under wot, I would think the sooner the better with the turbos they tend to love being loaded down, it was still running pretty well for not being dialed in thing looks like a missile after take off lol

Dennisn

Regular
Sep 30, 2015
Streamwood
You think tires are an issue with spinning? I'm really trying to figure out what tires to run, Was he not locking the converter intentionally? I thought they normally had it lock as soon as it hit 2nd gear under wot, I would think the sooner the better with the turbos they tend to love being loaded down, it was still running pretty well for not being dialed in thing looks like a missile after take off lol

I run a full slick at the track. Don't think I can get any better than that. The wheel spin was minimal. Until the last time out at the track he never locked the converter. The two passes I did get locked,converter didn't lock til top of third then he had it unlock then lock back up at 6650 in fourth.

I agree I think I need to load these turbos down.

I just see lot of time slips people running same 60'. Same et but they arent trapping what I am and the guys that are trapping same are running 2-3 tenths quicker et's with same 60'.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
:dunno: 1.5s on independent rear suspension is. and running 10s all motor is pretty cool in a new mustang when pretty much everyone else is using boost to get those times.

i appreciate the all motor times and work it takes to get into the 10s without boost or nitrous.

My vette was NA and cut a best of 1.404 60' and 10.62 in the 1/4. Also not very impressed.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Wasn't your car also fitted with heads, cam, and intake on a bigger (larger than a coyote) cube engine? Not knocking it, just asking.

Yes, but let's be honest. A coyote motor doesn't benefit much at all from doing cams and although the LS motor has a larger displacement, the coyote motor revs much higher.

Weight is a difference here, but not a whole lot. My car was 3550 with me in it, it wasn't a stripped down base model that weighs 3150 like everyone would expect.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I just saw on my FB feed a couple days ago two guys running mid 10's in NA mt82 S550's

ohh another side note anyone score any black friday parts?

i didnt buy shit. FML.

For the Mustang I got a Whipple stage 2, BMR cradle lockout, and a UPR Whipple catch can setup. I think that's gonna do it for my Mustang spending this winter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info