TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
49983_ff8f44d9dd71d05c3ae5c15b4fb69fb6.png

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Ok. So you're at the 1/4 mile track, you get a perfect launch and go 11.5@120. Next run, you spin off the line and go 12.8, but your mph increases.... why?

FWIW that seems to happen to me. When i spin more I trap a little higher with a worse et. If I deadhook the launch my ET is great but my MPH is lower.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
FWIW x2, I dont think there is anything wrong with Dans car. The other two 500s, aside from their sole (to my knowledge, [MENTION=669]shockerracing.com[/MENTION] & [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION], correct me on that) 151 passes, both were in the 140s all weekend. I think it really just came down to whos car was getting hotter. Dans intake temps were through the roof at certain points and all us blower or former blower guys know how hard that can hit a car.

He ran the blue 500 on the highway and they were dead nuts even to the point of almost plowing thru the back of me :rofl:

I chalk up any disappointing runs to the heat and humidity.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm the blue Shelby. I'll settle this....

Eagle's car is just as fast as mine. I ran 151, 147, 147, 148.

He had his front splitter on. I did not.

He had drag radials. I did not.

I had a catch can. He did not.

They weren't set up EXACTLY the same, hence they didn't run exactly the same.

Heat soak was probably a major factor too. His color absorbs more sunlight and therefore gets hotter. It's not like they ran that far off from eachother.

This is the first I'm hearing of another 13-14 Shelby besides me and Eagle...

Also, I was expecting to be around 150 mph and I think it was pretty much on the money.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois

Heat soak was probably a major factor too. His color absorbs more sunlight and therefore gets hotter. It's not like they ran that far off from eachother.

Also, I was expecting to be around 150 mph and I think it was pretty much on the money.

I drove past ya on the highway on the way home... (see sig)

:wavey:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

:h5: I expected 150 out of mine, but didn't get there. I fully blame it on the increased traction I have with the BMR setup, the tire and the copperhead clutch protection strategy... if people want to believe it or not!

Either way, I was happy to see a couple stock GT500's tap the 151mph mark. I'll be using that for my baseline when I come back in October ready to see what she'll do with a few little mods. :pedobear:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Totally doesn't make any sense at all :rofl: If you said heat, yea, I believe that 100%. Hottest supercharged outlet temps ever. But because of too much traction? :ugh:

Did you read ANY of the clutch protection links? :rofl: Its the computer pulling power, not the traction. The additional traction is causing the computer to pull power from my car that it wouldn't do to the cars with stock tires.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Like I said tho, my problem was in the launch. These stock guys were leaving on LC @ it's lowest setting of 3k and spinning (which seemed like it was required). My car was almost too hooked up and was bogging out of the hole. Basically, my computer was slowing me down for "clutch protection."

More here:
GT500 + Drag Radials + Sticky Track=#%#%

Clutch Protection Issues?

Totally doesn't make any sense at all :rofl: If you said heat, yea, I believe that 100%. Hottest supercharged outlet temps ever. But because of too much traction? :ugh:

[MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] read that

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That would effect your point a to point b time, not your MPH though. .

It was for Eagle but you posted before I finished :squint:

For reals though, the launch doesn't effect the MPH, just the ET. .

Ok. So you're at the 1/4 mile track, you get a perfect launch and go 11.5@120. Next run, you spin off the line and go 12.8, but your mph increases.... why?

I don't think that is true at all. I know it does in 1/4 mile racing. I would imagine it would so the same in a 1/2 mile. I see guys running street tires and being inconsistent with their launch. They spin and the ET comes up bu the MPH goes up. It has to do with wheel speed and more engine RPM through the 1/4. It is weird but happens. There is a difference in slight spinning, getting the wheel speed up and getting into the power band sooner versus frying the tires killing ET and MPH. Bogging can kill ET and MPH.

Last year my car was exactly like at the drag strip. First off rolling the car out and hitting it down track shortens the track. This reduces potential for a higher mph. Leaving hard with limiting the wheel spin let the car accelerate quicker making the most of the 1/2 mile.

FWIW x2, I dont think there is anything wrong with Dans car. The other two 500s, aside from their sole (to my knowledge, [MENTION=669]shockerracing.com[/MENTION] & [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION], correct me on that) 151 passes, both were in the 140s all weekend. I think it really just came down to whos car was getting hotter. Dans intake temps were through the roof at certain points and all us blower or former blower guys know how hard that can hit a car.

He ran the blue 500 on the highway and they were dead nuts even to the point of almost plowing thru the back of me :rofl:

I chalk up any disappointing runs to the heat and humidity.

Heat is a killer to making power. More so to a forced induction car than a n/a set up. The stock blower produces a lot of heat. That is why those Killer Chillers are big in the 03/04 Cobra crowd. It works great at reducing the inlet temps.

Clutch protection? What the fucking gay? Ford :ford: :rofl:

All cars have that shit now a days in one form or another. All part of the torque management systems. Easy to get around when you have a tuner that knows what he is doing. Took Lund a while to get it all figured out. I think he has a handle on it now.

I think Dan is making excuses with "Too much traction". He doesn't have the seat time to know how to launch the car with out traction control, while launching as hard as he car with out spinning like crazy. Which is not easy on a drag radial. Give him some time and he will be complaining about not enough traction and too much powa! haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info