Yaj yak isn't goin' green. Gas powered vehicles ftmfw. ICE WILL NEVER DIE

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
polaris came out with a trim level higher than mine for 2020- bigger tires, "better?" shocks, 30" tires, bigger fender flares, standard stereo.

the flares are what caught my eye the most-the tires/lift/added width looks fucking SWEET but i can only imagine it being slightly slower with the taller/heavier tires.

i found the flare part number and found a set for a steal on ebay, need to put them on, along with these "guards" that block some areas off to prevent mud from going all the places.

1577714335754.png

this is a pic of one of the guards- itll block off areas mud can get to and sit.

1577714327667.png

Reactions: SleeperLS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
do they usually come with different tires front and rear ?
or is the display model showing what you can get ?

mine has different widths front to rear but same tires, im not sure why that has different front to rear. interesting observation though.

i have also asked polaris like 3 different ways if the clutching/tune is different for the 30" tall tires or not because they do look so good, but i haven't gotten an answer.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
me too.

im hoping the flares help keep it cleaner, went for a rip yesterday and it's crazy muddy here now, and the thing got filthy in 5 minutes.

have you still got your oem original tires?

I pretty much do. I had to replace the rears because I punctured a huge hole in one and wanted them even. Original fronts though. As much as I look and want different tires, the stock bighorn 2.0 have been pretty damn reliable and have conquered all the terrain I ride. Light tire too

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I pretty much do. I had to replace the rears because I punctured a huge hole in one and wanted them even. Original fronts though. As much as I look and want different tires, the stock bighorn 2.0 have been pretty damn reliable and have conquered all the terrain I ride. Light tire too

im so torn because mine are wearing pretty quickly, and id like to have somewhat of a plan.

stock are 27" tall, id like to go to a DOT tire for high speed/road rippin smoothness, but truck tires 9-10" wide 28-29 in tall get HEAVY quick.

dot utv tires are $$$$$$$$$$$.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Any talk of Polaris doing a north star edition general?

Whats the cheap dealer everyone get their sxs from? I think they are in Kentucky or Tennessee.
abernathy's is where i went.

i dunno if there is, that'd be sweet, add alot of weight though.

fuck, they'd also want 35k for it too :rofl:

i do think i want to add a heater to mine, some aftermarket ones $450 ish. which would be pretty sweet.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
im so torn because mine are wearing pretty quickly, and id like to have somewhat of a plan.

stock are 27" tall, id like to go to a DOT tire for high speed/road rippin smoothness, but truck tires 9-10" wide 28-29 in tall get HEAVY quick.

dot utv tires are $$$$$$$$$$$.

I can't help but feel like the dot tires will not be as good offroad either. They should hold tread longer, but I dont know if the weight and cost is worth it if you primarily use it offroad. If you do more on road stuff, then maybe.

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I can't help but feel like the dot tires will not be as good offroad either. They should hold tread longer, but I dont know if the weight and cost is worth it if you primarily use it offroad. If you do more on road stuff, then maybe.

there are some gnarly looking dot utv tires though.

1577794225228.png

1577794288882.png

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
there are some gnarly looking dot utv tires though.

View attachment 47407

View attachment 47408

Those Douglas tires look awesome. I am most likely getting a set of their wheels early spring. Quality stuff from their company.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
need.

i think i'd be really wanting to change my tires to something else though for that 85 mph rip.

The 2016+ General 1000 / Crew G6 flash tune is out! The G6 reflash is the most aggressive and only reflash currently offered by Gilomen Innovations for the 1000cc General models. It performs great on regular pump gas. All engine protections are left in place so your engine stays running safe. Fuel and timing maps revised for peak performance on pump gas. I have found that Polaris has their factory tuning designed in order to pass strict EPA testing. The revised timing and fuel maps allow the engine to make more power with cooler piston crown and valve temps. The cooling fan on temp is lowered from 205F to 190F degrees to keep your engine running cooler and lasting longer. Rev limiter is raised to 9200 RPM, Speed limiter in high gear is disabled, Speed limiter in low gear raised to 45 MPH. Turf mode stays fully functional if your machine is equipped with it. Speeds can exceed 85 MPH with this tune. Once you get the new ECM simply plug it in and you are ready to go. 8-10 HP gain over stock. Price includes shipping to you. It is your responsibility to get your ecu to me. Turn around time is 1 business day.

Features:
100% throttle in High, Low, and Reverse Gear
All Torque Limiters Disabled
Professionally developed timing maps for peak performance on pump gas
Professionally developed fuel maps
Fan settings 20 degrees lower to keep engine running cool and lasting longer
Seat-belt limiter disabled
RPM limiter raised to a safe 9200 RPM
Speed limiters eliminated
False misfire codes eliminated
Engine protections left in place
Retains Turf mode on equipped models