WTB WTB 98-02 WS6 lower air box

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Appears to be a TA airbox, which has about an inch opening. The WS6 lower airbox was about 2 inches.

IMG_6796.jpeg

IMG_6795.jpeg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I've got the WS6 lower box on my Firehawk, but the lid grazes the hood a bit when closed (which is scuffing the hood and the lid) so I should go back to the lower box like it came with originally. The bottom section is cut out of it to mount a bottom feed air scoop, so it's not 100% factory if that matters.

I'd just do an even swap of the parts with you if you're up for it. I'll snag a few pictures shortly...

Reactions: Pro Stock John

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Well, that’s interesting. I read that the firehawk hood has a little less clearance than the WS6 hood. I don’t know if I’d be into a trade because I’m still a bit exploratory here. The very top of my airbox touches the VFN WS6 hood. And I read that the WS6 airbox raises the front, but lowers the back because it pivots a little more downward. I don’t know if this is true so I was hoping to have both air boxes to test.

Dan, if your open to swapping and testing, I’d be down, but it might also mean mine now hits worse with the WS6 box :rofl:

Also, the foam in the inlet pictured below is now gone; I was running a bottom feeder air intake but didn’t like what it was doing to coolant temps so I took it out. My bottom airbox is also hogged out.

IMG_7757.jpeg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Sure, you can test fit mine on a trial basis. Then we can swap or keep what we have pending what you decide. The back of the WS6 box definitely sits higher than the OEM one did, though, as it's making contact in the same spot yours shows. So that may happen with your hood too? The lower one didn't do that on mine though.
20230831_163450.jpg
20230831_163455.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Sure, you can test fit mine on a trial basis. Then we can swap or keep what we have pending what you decide. The back of the WS6 box definitely sits higher than the OEM one did, though, as it's making contact in the same spot yours shows. So that may happen with your hood too? The lower one didn't do that on mine though.
View attachment 176140
Damn. I might have the same problem.

IMG_6799.jpeg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I was digging into it this weekend and my lower airbox isn’t sitting flush on the support, raising it slightly. Putting this on hold until I figure out what’s going on. Is the radiator not seated? Is the airbox messed up?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info