Winter Storage

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Storing a car over the winter will help it's value. I store the Fiero during the winter because the stiff susupension and the tires do not do well in the snow (not to mention the 3.75" of clearence). It's been stored every year since 2002. I have a SUV for winter driving. The thing is both vehicles have low mileage because they only get driven 1/2 the year each. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for many, many years, storing it during winter can keep it looking and running good.

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
I don't plan on ever selling my trans am but I have had to drive it through the past 3 winters because its my only car. This year I'm getting a winter car simply because my car sucks to drive in the snow and to save some miles on it... plus to not damage it anymore with all that salt. The less I drive it at this point the longer ill be able to drive in the summer before replacing the engine. The things got like 150K on it already.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
my t/a's and camaro's were always stored b/c i usually had another vehicle. My truck, welll its a truck it can handle it. But this winter ought to be interesting with the extra power, although i need to look into getting an extra vehicle again. Its always nice for when one is down.

My Regal is going in the garage for the winter for the second time. I have owned it coming up on a total of 3 years now. I really wish the previous owners took better care of it, as I am having to do a lot of work and pay a lot of money to get it in tip top shape again.

And Riski, to each his own. It's not your cup of tea, so just say that and be done. No need to show off your e-peen. :io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info