NEW RIDE Wife’s new DD. 2017 Explorer Limited.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Bought this over the summer, late making a thread. Purchased Hannah a 2017 Ford Explorer Limiter back in August. 3.5 N/A AWD. I forget the name of the color but it’s very weird. Looks like your typical grey metallic in the daylight but gets a blueish hue in the shade or under artificial light.

Aside from a few electrical issues I’ll be asking about later, I can’t say enough good about this thing. It’s comfy, roomy, holds a 42” dog cage in the back with ease (she takes the Doberman to work with her daily). She also tows an aluminum two-horse trailer occasionally, so the 5000# towing capacity was right at the bottom end of acceptable, but it pulls that trailer around with ease.

She had a ‘15 Escape when we met but sold it shortly thereafter. She’s coming out of a 2005 Silverado 1500 that had a fair share of issues from the previous hack of an owner.

IMG_6990.jpeg

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_5240.jpeg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The most annoying electrical gremlin is the driver side heated/ cooled seats do not work. Passenger side works just fine.

The red/blue indicator lights illuminate for the non-functioning seat, it just does not get hot nor do you hear the cooling fan turn on.

I’ve checked all the fuses and the wiring that I can easily see as well as unplug and plug back in all of the connectors into what I believe is the module that controls it all under the drivers seat.

I believe that module is probably bad? From what I understand from research it controls heated/cooled seats for both seats as well as the memory functions. Another complaint we have had is the memory functions do not go back where they should. Seat/ column/ mirrors move but it’s just kind of a free for all.

Can anyone advise on this? I can live with a lot, but she’s not me. She has spent the past four years driving whatever junkers I had laying around and I’d like for her to have a vehicle that is 100% functional.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
We have a '17 Sport with about 70k on it now. Did a bunch to it the past few months as it isn't going anywhere any time soon. Replaced the lower control arms last week which is common. Only terrible part there is the ball joint nut. Did the PTU fluid following (do this if it wasn't done) the Ford guy from the burbs video, plugs, PCV, the bad coolant, etc.

The Sync port in the center console doesn't recognize any cable. So, no phone on the screen. I have a new port and sort of started to get at it one day. No luck. It appears as though it'll need quite a bit of disassembly which I didn't have time for that day.

This is my wife's daily. I only drive it when we all go somewhere farther. She loves it. I'm ok with it except IMO the build quality is absolutely awful. Nothing lines up interior or exterior.

Thread Info

• Outlaw
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list